Chapter 16: Sans

I walked through the doors and looked around at the pillars. The room was set in an orange or yellow lighting. Like the sun rising from the horizon was shining through the windows. I looked across the room and saw Sans again. He was looking at the ground. Holding onto his scarf and smirking.

"You're back." He said as he looked up at me. No, he was glaring at me. His eye was a glowing blue flame.

"K-Kid.." I heard Sans but I continued to watch from where I was sitting, I couldn't stop what was happening. I don't even remember saving here.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the comedian~ What? You can't just stay out of my way?" I heard myself say, "You can't let me have my way? Always stopping me!" 

I heard myself laugh as I looked up. My eyes widened, I was holding my soul. It was a faint pink and I looked and saw her eyes were red. 

"You just can't get enough of her Empathy, can ya?" I asked and looked up at the skeleton with a psychotic grin.

"Chara." I heard Sans say as I looked over at him. I stood up and shook my head, this was a save. This wasn't real. Nothing about this is real right now.

"Oh? Hanae, dear, this is oh so real! I guess Geno never told you about that huh? When you load into a save? It's very real. I chose not to interact with you. Only I can effect you in these loads though." I heard Chara say as she used my saved body as a host. I shook my head and held onto the book.

"N-No! This save shouldn't exist!"

"Watch and learn!" I hear her say as she runs towards the saved Sans. I looked away, knowing what was going to happen and then nothing. I look forward and see Chara had Sans by the back of his jacket. She had pulled my Soul out of my saved body and smirked as Saved Sans threw a bone through it. It felt like everything stopped for me. I fell forwards at the same time as my Saved Body.

"Hanae!" I heard Sans, he didn't move and he just watched. That hurt.

I watched as Saved Sans ran over once he realized that Chara left me as soon as he shot the bone at me. He held onto my Saved Host and cradled her. He whispered his apologies to her and I watched as tears strolled down my cheek.

"Th-That's my Sans..." I cried as I watched my Saved Sans cradle my almost lifeless body. He really cared about me when I was in that timeline. That was my first Sans. My first crush and I told myself I would never love someone the way I did that one, but here I am.

Sans finally walked over to me. It was slow but he got there. He slumped to his knees as he shook his head. Holding it in his hands, "I am so sorry Hanae, I should've acted like he did." Sans said as he pointed to the Saved version of himself. I looked up as I saw Sans hold my hand as S.M. was talking to him. (Saved Me)

"H-Hey, you d-didn't kn-" I watched as the battered and bruised S.M. coughed up blood. She was crying but smiling. Something I still do to this day. They coughed and wheezed. Winced even. Saved Sans looking down at the S.M. I saw him crying as her hands cupped his face. Slowly, weakly, bringing his face down to her own as she planted a kiss on his mouth/teeth (imma say mouth) and that broke him. 

He shook his head and held her weak body to his own as he repeatedly apologized to her. 

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry...I love you please...oh god what have I done." I heard him say.

Sans and I both watched the scene as we watched the pink heart above her breaking into millions of pieces. Starting at the top of the heart and it was half way done now. I cried as I watched and I stood up. Weakly walking over to the Saved Sans and kneeling next to him. I went to touch his head as my hand went through him. I shook my head and 'cupped' his face as I looked up at him.

"N-No, don't cry...Sans...I'm still here...I'm alive..." I cried and shook my head. I hated seeing him cry all over again.

"S-Sans." S.M. said as she looked up at the sad sack of skeleton, "I-I'm going to r-reset..." I heard her say and he shook his head as he held onto her hand on his cheek.

"No, kid, please. I don't want to do this. I can't kill you like I did Frisk. With Frisk, it was different. He was just a kid. You? I love you, please don't make me keep killing you...you won't even remember me. You won't remember what I did or who I am!" He cried out as he continued to cry.

"I will. I will always remember you, you just wont for me."

She says this as we watched her soul get closer and closer to the bottom. Time was almost up.

"Wh-What? No.. don't do that, Hanae..."

I almost cried after hearing him say my name so softly. I have heard countless Sans say my name, but none as soft as this one.

"Sans, I l-lo...." S.M. got out as her soul was finally gone. Watching as Sans held her dead body to himself. Shaking and crying. Screaming.

I sat on my knees and shook my head. Softly crying. 

"I never got to tell him I loved him..." I said as Sans walked up behind me and threw his jacket over me. I bawled my eyes out and he hugged me. I turned towards him and cried into his shirt. Tightly holding onto him, "I never got to tell Sans I loved him!!" 

One button appeared in front of Y/N.

Reset.

She pushed the button and like that, they were back in her room.