Chapter 12: SleepWalk

You

Where...am I? 

I got up and walked around. I ran into something but there's nothing here. It was like an invisible barrier.

"Reset already...Hanae..." I heard a voice come from the barrier. I looked down and saw there was a knob. I turned it and heard a click. Opening the door and feeling a breeze.

"Just stop hurting them." I heard another voice and I turned around, I saw red eyes up in the 'sky' and I fell back on the ground. Where am I? Who is this?

"Don't you want to set us free?" I heard the same voice. Looking up from the ground and I see Papyrus. Half of his face was gone as he was turning to dust. His eyes were red and I looked up at him as I cried.

"Of course I do! I want to do all that I can to save you and everyone else!" 

"What would you do for us Hanae?" He said to me. In that same, familiar voice. I didn't know why but it sounded familiar, "What are you willing do to for us?" He repeated.

"Willing....willing is my route..." I mumbled to myself. The almost gone Papyrus got closer to me.

"Are you willing to die for us, Hanae?" He asked and I stared blankly at him. Am I willing to die to save my friends. My family. My Sans. I shuddered at the thought. What would he feel if I died for his freedom? Would he be happy? Sad? Angry? Would he want to have a bad time?

"Hanae..." I looked up and saw something bright. It was a dark blue soul and I reached out to touch it, "What are you doing down there kiddo?" It said to me.

"Time to go inside, you are going to get cold again." It said as it took my hand. It was warm. Friendly. Familiar.

"We aren't done here Hanae." The vanished Papyrus said as I felt something thrust through my chest. I screamed in pain and then there was silence. 

I jolted up and awake and saw I was outside of Grillbys. Sans was standing a few feet away from me and looked at me with horror. I went to say something to him but couldn't I choked on something and looked down. Somehow, I had stabbed myself with a knife I didn't even know I had. 

I fell back down into the snow and looked up. Feeling the color drain from my face. I smiled, my blood stained teeth showing through. I looked over at Sans who had no clue what to do. I held up my hands above me.

"L-Load." I said as a save menu popped up. I clicked on the most recent save.

Save 11: Recovery

"B-Buttercup don't!" I heard Sans as I pushed the button next to it.

"C-C-Continue..." I said and everything was white. 

Sans

I jolted awake. Sweating and looking around. I saw Y/N was sitting at the bar and she looked sad. Sad, cold and tired. I got up and walked over to her. Pulling up a bar stool and sitting next to her.

"Wanna talk about it kid?" I asked and she just shook her head. I went to touch her shoulder and tell her it was ok but I stopped. Her shoulders were shaking and I looked, actually making eye contact with her, and saw she was silently crying.

"I don't want to do this anymore..." She said and I was taken back. I don't know how to respond to that, "He is just going to keep on trying and trying to free you guys. He will keep on trying to use me like I am some sort of puppet. I just want to die and never come back. I don't want to reset, I just want it all to end..." Y/N said and I looked down.

I know that feeling, to be tired of all the resets. But that was with Frisk. Just like Frisk never remembered when she reset; I would never remember when Y/N would reset. At least that's what she has told me. But no matter what has happened to her so far, she keeps on continuing. I don't understand why she wouldn't just reset. I don't know what I am supposed to say to her to make her feel better.

"...ime...." I heard and then looked at her. I hoped I heard wrong and I could feel my mood change from sad to disappointed.

"Wh-What did you just ask me?" I said.

"I asked if you would just give me a bad time...I rather die a thousand times as myself....then doing something by Chara or something for them..."

And at that moment I was heart broken. I stood up and hugged them. Tightly. I could never intentionally hurt them like that. I didn't want to. I refused. I only could ever think of that if Chara came around. He said he wouldn't but no one ever listens to him. He is a liar and a cheat. He deserves to be forgotten in the void.

"I can't Hanae, I could never do that. I won't. How could you ask me to do something like that?" I asked and she just sat there. So I picked her up and went back to the corner booth. Where I lay with her until she calms down and falls asleep.

"Tomorrow I wanna see Alphys." She says as she drifts into her deep sleep again. I nodded and kissed the top of her hood. Glad she was too tired to notice and I sighed. I didn't know what to say to a human or how to comfort them. Y/N is a grown human. Not some child like Frisk was. She was different. Frisk? They didn't talk so how am I supposed to know how they feel if they never speak?

"Sounds good buttercup. Goodnight. I will protect you from the nightmare." I said and Y/N giggled. It was a cute, sleepy, giggle.

"Do you promise?" She asked and I froze. I don't like keeping promises. For anyone. Especially since I can't keep them sometimes but I just nodded.

"Of course, I promise to keep you safe, kid." And like that, we both fell asleep.