thirteen

"Are they gonna be okay?" Yanlei asked, looking at Ruibin and Lifen.

Jeffrey nods, "Isn't it a bit dangerous to leave Mingzhu and Yanchen behind?"

"Yeah, remember when they almost broke all the plates in the apartment because of a fight?" Zuo Ye adds.

"You mean the fight whether who gets to take you to the amusement park since you only bought two tickets?" Zimo reminded him.

"Hey! I didn't know that they would both be free that day!" The younger defends himself.

"Let's just trust Yanchen," Ruibin says, tapping his fingers on the table. "He knows what to do."

.·:*¨¨*:·. .·:*¨¨*:·.

"Baby..."

"Don't call me that."

Yanchen walked towards Mingzhu. He touched her shoulder, making her flinch, "Mingzhu, please."

"Stop it, Yanchen. Please stop," Mingzhu whispers, her whole body is shaking. "I'm tired. Please, I'm so tired."

Yanchen looked at the fragile Mingzhu beside her. He knows how much he's hurt her and he wishes he could turn back time. But he can't.

A tear started to fall from his eye, as he pulled Mingzhu into an embrace. The girl, feeling weak, had no energy to fight back, "I love you. And I will always love you. No matter how much you push me away, I will love you still."

Mingzhu muffled, "Yet you still did it with Lifen without knowing my side. How could you - I trusted you."

"I know," Yanchen held her tight, "I probably don't deserve you anymore. I'm sorry."

Mingzhu tried to calm her thoughts and emotions. She was crying nonstop but she needed to fix this first.

"Look, Yanchen," Mingzhu called out, removing herself from his hold. "I think... it's best if we end this."

"End what?"

"This," Mingzhu wiped her tears. "I don't want the crew to suffer anymore and I know neither do you. So -"

"So, we're getting back together?"

She showed him a faint smile, "We should stop. I don't think I can trust you anymore after what happened."

"Mingzhu - please don't do this -"

"Friends?" She held out a hand to him.

Yanchen frowned, "You're not serious."

"I am. Yanchen, our relationship - its not working anymore. We fight, we drag our friends into our fights and other people, too. In the end, I don't think we're ever gonna work out."

"It's not bad to take a risk,"

"We already took our risk and look where it got us. Kaiyu and Ruifen breaking up and the group's now having trust issues with one another."

Pain was evident in Mingzhu's eyes. Yanchen couldn't bare to look at her like this. "Is it really what you want?"

Mingzhu met his eyes, "I'm sorry, Yanchen."

Yanchen nods, taking her hand, "On one condition."

"Wh -"

Yanchen pulled her towards him, crashing his lips on hers. Mingzhu would've pushed him away but she didn't, instead she kissed back, holding him tight.

"One last time," Yanchen says in between their kiss.