It was strangely comforting despite that.

A song I want to hear again.

Y/n... a strange nin that we've never heard of until now. Seemingly knowing nothing let a lot at the same time? Just who are you? You know my clan and you find it interesting... but I don't recognise you or that instrument.

So who are you?

Your PoV

I finished playing and just took a moment to compose myself before lowering the violin down again and smiling.

Every time I play that song I just remember myself and Yue dancing to it on the ice because he begged me to compete in a duos competition with him. We came second and so many people tried to recruit me. I miss that idiot, Yue.

Though I can't say anything when technically, I was the one who chose to come here, it's not like I was forced to like last time...

"Y/n?" I heard someone call, I realised I'd been staring off into nothing.

"You ok? You're crying," Temari got up and passed me a handkerchief.

"I am?" I questioned, feeling my face, "so I am. Wow, that's strange... I must've really gotten into the music."

"Is something wrong?" she asked suspiciously, I shook my head.

"That song just... it feels like it's a memory to somethi—someone that I miss, I guess," I shrugged before a moment of silence passed as she just gave me a mildly worried look.

"Now all you have to do is put chakra in that and you can turn your violin into the ultimate weapon," Choji spoke up now he was finished eating.

"No thank you," I shook my head, "I play the violin for fun, not to hurt others."

"She's so pure," Tenten looked at me surprised.

"Pure?" I asked, "how am I pure?"

"You don't want to hurt others, it's quite admirable," she tells me, I sighed and went to sit down but felt something moving towards us and quickly so instead pulled Temari in front of me and watched as a shuriken bounced off her fan.

"Y/n?" she shout-asked me in betrayal.

"Sorry, you had your fan on your back, and I didn't have time to grab a kunai," I apologised sheepishly before grabbing her arm.

(a/n 2023: I really should change these jutsus to what I'm changing them to in the edited version but like... the og :o – a/n: 2024: guess who changed them...slightly :'))

"Natural surveillance jutsu," I whispered, my sight stolen from my body and then thrown into the trees, I turned my head which moved my view until I saw those two assassins from earlier.

"How are they here?" I asked.

"Who?" Temari asked, not questioning me holding her arm or the fact my eyes were pure white.

"Those assassins from earlier," I replied, "release."

My eyesight returned as Naruto waved his hand in front of my face. I was about to say something before stopping myself and grabbing Naruto and swapping our position. A shuriken sticking deeply into my shoulder.

"Bugger," I grumbled as I let go of Naruto and pulled the weapon out my shoulder.

"Y/n, are you ok?" Temari asked clearly forcing herself to stay focused and not fuss over the wound, I nodded.

"I'll live," I mumbled as Sakura jumped up and started healing me again, "sorry about this... again..."

"No worries, what're friends for, right?" she replied with a smile.

Friends?

I smiled and nodded before kneeling on the ground and placing my violin back in its case, getting ready to fight.

"Temari. I'll be back in a moment," I looked at her, she nodded and jumped out the way as Sakura stepped away from me, "plant phasing jutsu."

I felt myself start to sink into the ground. I moved myself to the tree behind them. They didn't notice me climbing out of the tree before I sent a punch towards Desto, he ducked causing me to punch Hyoni instead.

I watched as the older man went flying into a tree.

"You're strong now?" Desto asked before throwing a punch in my direction. I swiftly dodged it and crouched kicking his feet from under him easily.

Was my oc not originally strong?

"Yeah, I'm not letting you get the upper hand this time," I spat at him and jumped back a few paces so I was in between the ninja and the assassins. They're in full sight now and many people can see them. They're so done for.