Love Story

Kongpob's

We were both young when I first saw you
I close my eyes and the flashback starts
I'm standing there on a balcony in summer air

As soon as I stop crying and calm myself, I stand up and fix myself. I have more time to cry, but now, I need to know where the hell is P'Arthit. I need to speak to him and find out what's happening to him. I won't accept his half-baked break-up, if I could call it that, without knowing his reason.

I tried calling him earlier but he's not answering, I have checked for any sign of him to know if he's at the next room but I only found silence.

So I did what I could only think of doing right at this moment. I went to his mother. The landlady.

I knock on the door and come in when the landlady said so. I wai at the landlady and open my mouth to ask his son's whereabouts but she beats me to it.

"Oon's at his father's company."

"Wha-"

"My stupid son didn't tell you but last week, his father talked to him and let's say... threatened him that he'd ruin your family's lives if he wouldn't go to the US and break whatever you two have."

"Why didn't he tell me? He could've told me and we could've done something about it."

She shrugs. "Again, my son is stupid. He probably thought it's for the best if he doesn't involve you with the problem, he probably thought that what he's doing is something heroic."

I nod. Now, I understand, I'd probably do that too.

"Ma'am, with all due respect, I would like to speak to your ex-husband and knock some sense to him. I am willing to fight for your son."

She smiles. "I know you'd say something like that so here, I prepared this," She gives me a piece of paper. "That's the complete address of his father's company."

I smile brightly and bow my head to her. "Thank you Khun."

"Kong, if things went awry, call me, I'll help you. I won't let that bastard take my son away from me. I'm only not doing anything because I know you're going to do something about this and that's more romantic."

"Thank you for trusting me for your son. I'll be going then."

"Wait, Kong, are you sure about Oon?"

I immediately nod. "Yes Khun, if you're worried I'll hurt your son, please don't. I really love him and I have good intentions."

She laughs. "Oh no, I'm not worried about my son. I'm worried for your sanity. I'm not trying to scare you but... Oon is, he has many flaws, he's insensitive most of the time, annoying, immature, he doesn't want to work, free-spirited and always wants to have fun. I have heard from Oon that you're organized with your things and Oon is definitely the opposite, he just throws things around. And when it gets too tough for him, he'll push you out because he himself barely understands his life anymore."

"I also have my own share of flaws too Khun which P'Arthit wholeheartedly accepted and I, too, love him including his flaws. I can't assure you that I won't be annoyed and won't be mad at him. I know we're going to fight because of our differences but that's something I'm willing to have just to be with him. And if he pushes me out, I won't let him, I'll stay with him behind the wall he made around himself. If he can't understand his life anymore, I'm willing to help him understand it. I know this is early to say, but he's the only one I can see myself with in the future."

She smiles. "He listens to Taylor Swift non-stop."

I'm aware.

I smile. "And I'm willing to listen to her songs with P'Arthit."