You Belong With Me

Kongpob's

Ever since that one disaster night, P'Arthit and I just fall apart. But it's all my fault. I was the one who distanced myself from him.

I just can't understand why did he kiss me and then, later on, he'd be cozy with P'Namtan. Another thing, why did he run? Did he regret it? Did he think it's a mistake? So before I hurt myself more, I decided to turn my back and just move on. Or tried to move on.

They say distance makes our hearts grow fonder and I realize how true it is. I just miss him, our distance makes me fall in love with him even more.

I sigh for the umpteenth time.

"Hey, what happened to you?"

I shake my head at Aim's question. I'm not in the mood to entertain any of his questions.

"You know, if this happened to you last month, I would guess it's because your parents finally had enough of you and burned your collections. But now, I'm sure it's because of your crazy neighbor. What happened to him? What happened to the two of you?"

I look at Aim, he's still waiting for my answer. "He has a girlfriend." I don't know if they are, I'm just assuming they are since P'Arthit has been chasing after her ever since.

"What?! The crazy neighbor?"

"P'Arthit, yes."

"But last week, I saw him literally on your back and now you're telling me he has a girlfriend?" I suddenly miss those times where he would suddenly just ask me to carry him.

"He says it's just platonic."

"What? Him asking to be carried or him having a girlfriend?"

"There's no platonic thing about having a girlfriend."

"If P'Arthit doesn't like the girl then it's platonic."

He did say he didn't like her, but still, P'Arthit wants P'Namtan to be his future partner. He probably wants her to mother his children. He chased after her, who am I to rival that? I'm just this guy who he happened to annoy and whom he made fall in love with him without doing anything. Damn my life.

"He chased after her."

Aim sighs and wounds his arm around my shoulder. "May's busy today so why don't we play a game for a while? Let's play the Pokemon game we should've played weeks ago."

"Yeah, you're right. Maybe I'm feeling like this because I've been missing my old life." If I focused on Pokemon again, I wouldn't think of him again. That's it.

"That's right. Why don't we turn your back again to what it used to be? Your life before he came into your life? 1 month before? Forget you ever met him."

The thought of him not existing in my life made me sad but if I really want to move on from him, I need to do it.

"Where do we start?"

"We start with playing Pokemon later."

My phone suddenly vibrates from my pocket. I pull it out and see that I receive lots of messages, all from the same person.

I shake my head and turn off my phone.

"Let's go, Aim."

/

I really thought playing Pokemon would make me forget P'Arthit but as I hold the joystick in my hands, every time any Pokemon character appears on the screen, I have this thought in me, 'What would P'Arthit say when he's beside me?'. I groan, even here, he still wouldn't let go of me.