Inner-Thoughts

BETTY POV

I sat in my room drinking my tea and reading a book. I then got a nice text from Jughead that excited me.

JJ: Happy 1-month, Betts. How about dinner with my parents tonight?

BC: I'm in. At your house?

JJ: Yup, I'll just pick you up from your house around 7:30PM

BC: Ok

I squealed and ran out of my room. I ran downstairs and saw my mom making food in the kitchen for dinner. She never really cared about what I did with my life.

"Hey Elizabeth, do you think mushrooms in the soup would be good?" Mom asked.

"Actually Mom, I cant stay for dinner tonight. Jughead wants me to have dinner at his house with his parents. Can you believe it?"

"I guess I can just put tomatoes in the soup."

"I mean about meeting Jughead's parents."

"He's older than you are by 3 years." Mom sighed.

"So?!"

"So he's probably been running around with girls constantly. The same way you got in the car with a new boy every weekend."

"You're really good at this, Mom."

"At what?"

"Making me feel like crap!" I yelled. Mom rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"I do something it means I'm the child of the devil, right? I do something that means I'm a hoe!"

"All I want, Elizabeth, is for you to make a life for yourself!"

"Ok, well I'm not going to college! You just need to accept that!" I yelled. Mom seemed confused and shook her head.

"I don't expect you to go to college...I'm just so worried about your future."

"Yeah...me too." I nodded. Mom sighed and then I walked away. Maybe dinner with Jughead and his family would be good.