Love and Tears

VERONICA POV

I sat up in the attic of the house Archie and his crew were working on. It had gotten a lot better and it would be so pretty once it was done. We laid down a blanket to sit on and had a box of pizza. Archie hung up a lantern and then he sat down next to me. We had to wait for the rain to clear so then we could look at the sky

"I can't believe it's already July, Archie."

"Yeah! In September, you'll be attending Penn State and believe me it's an experience."

"I'm very excited. It'd be nice because my dad was a businessman so I'd like to follow in his footsteps." I nodded. That's when we heard creaks on the balcony and we automatically thought of that one story Archie told me about. We started laughing and then he grabbed the collar of my dress and pulled me in...and kissed me. We looked at each other for a second and then I kissed him. We kept kissing and it felt nice.

After 2 hours, we got in the car and drove to his home. We pulled in the driveway and smiled at each other. He kissed me again and then we got out of the car. He gave me his jacket and we went inside. We saw Cheryl giving us looks and signs but I didn't understand...until Valerie Andrews walked into the living room from the kitchen.

"Valerie! You're home a couple weeks early!" Archie exclaimed. He walked over to her and kissed her. Then Valerie walked up to me and shook my hand.

"Hello Ms. Lodge! You're all Vince talks about on the phone." Valerie giggled. I was trying my best to hold back my tears.

"He's an amazing little boy." I whispered. I looked at Archie it seemed like he was in shock a little bit. Valerie was probably confused, I just needed Cheryl to take us home.

"Arch, aren't you forgetting something?" Valerie asked. "Ms. Blossom, how much do we owe you?"

"Oh no! I don't need any money. Veronica, let's go home-" Cheryl said and took my arm. Archie and I exchanged looks. Cheryl tugged my arm and we left. We got in the car and Cheryl started driving immediately.

"Veronica, I legit didn't know she would be there! I opened the door and saw a woman and she just walked in. I don't think she'll find out about you and Archie! Yeah, it'll be ok...but she seems really smart. She might know. Omg, What if she comes after you?! No, no! She wouldn't do that. Veronica, it's not your fault! Don't panic, it's ok!" Cheryl cried out. I was just thinking about Archie and how much my heart-aches.

We arrived at home and I went upstairs. Betty was finishing up and walked out. She then gave me a dirty look.

"Hey Veronica, don't wear my heels anymore. They're really nice and I would like to keep them that way. Also, don't use my hair brush anymore. It's so full of dandruff, I can't use it." Betty groaned. I ignored her and went to the bedroom and sat on my bed. I just broke into tears and it was hard to contain all the emotion. Betty then came to sit next to me on the bed and started rubbing my back.

"V, what's wrong?"

"Archie's wife came home tonight. He didn't even say anything to me. I feel so stupid!" I sobbed.

"Everything is going to be ok! You'll survive this pain you're going through. It's a wound that will soon scar over." Betty sighed.

"Why does it hurt so much?"

"V, let me go make you some coffee." Betty said and got up. But I grabbed her hand and she sat back down. I laid my head on her shoulder and she held me while I cried. What would I do without her?