Goodnight and Jackets

VERONICA POV

Archie was downstairs looking for some blueprints for the business. I was upstairs reading  to Vince and we finished the story. I put the book on the night stand and kissed Vince's head.

"Lay down, Vince. It's time to go to sleep." I said. Vince laid down and I tucked him in.

"Ronica, Why does mommy live away now?"

"She doesn't! She has to make money and she has to work out of the state! She'll be back in 2 months."

"Will I still see you?"

"When your mommy comes back, you're not gonna need me anymore."

"I think you're super cool, Ronica!"

"I think you're super-duper cool as well, Vincey." I giggled. I tickled him and he laughed hard. Archie walked in and handed me $100.

"Archie, my salary is $30."

"I know, but I figured just to increase your salary. I went to Penn State too and it was hard to pay...I don't want that for you." Archie shrugged and I shook his hand. I waved bye to Vince and went downstairs. I sighed and then heard Vince's door close. Archie came after me and handed me his jacket.

"It's really cold tonight. I don't want you to freeze. Can you babysit in a couple days?"

"Yes, I can! I'll see you soon." I said. I walked out to my car and I drove home. I got out of my car and saw Betty kissing some guy in a beanie. I went inside and saw my mom sleeping on the couch. Running the Riverdale Pizza from 10AM-9PM is really stressing her out. I went over to her and put a blanket on her. Betty came inside and went upstairs. I followed her up and she looked at me weird.

"What's with the jacket?"

"What's with the guy you're sharing saliva with?" I scoffed and went into our room. Cheryl wasn't in there so I'm guessing she was spending the night at Toni's. Betty followed me in and smiled.

"Who's jacket is that?" She asked changing her clothes into her pink silk shirt and pants. We all had silk pajamas but different colors. Betty had pink, Cheryl had red, and I had purple. I changed into my pajamas and put Archie's jacket on the rocking chair in our room.

"The jacket is just Archie's. It's not that big of a deal. What about the boy? Is he the reason you always come home late now?"

"Yeah...he's adorable. I think Archie is putting the moves on you though."

"No, he's not! It got cold tonight and he didn't want me to freeze!" I rolled my eyes.

"Fine, I believe you...but just in case!" Betty exclaimed. She opened her drawer and threw me a box.

"B, what are these?"

"Let's just say...the guy where's them." Betty giggled. I giggled and threw the box at her. We started laughing and went to sleep. Betty and Cheryl were like my sisters, and I couldn't live in this world without them.