Hangout

VERONICA POV

We were on the construction site where Toni worked. There was a Bulldozer that was red and made for Cheryl. It was supposed to be a wedding gift. We had Toni's car and Betty grabbed his bottle of whiskey.

"Guys, put it back! That's for Toni and her other co-workers!" Cheryl sassed. Betty took the lid off and took a large sip. Betty passed it to me and I took a sip also. Betty grabbed it and ran off with it. We chased her and eventually we caught up. We sat on the roof of the building drinking Toni's whiskey.

"Are you excited to go to business school at Penn State?" Cheryl asked.

"Woah! You're smart enough to work at Penn State?!" Betty laughed.

"Veronica is going to be a rich business woman when she's older and where will you be?"

"I don't know. I'll probably be dead or here waitressing at Riverdale Pizza."

"B, don't say that! That's bad luck!" I yelled.

"Ok, you have smarts and Cheryl has Toni. I have...my looks and this bottle of whiskey. Screw all of you!" Betty laughed and ran down off the building. We followed her and started to run around the area. It was fun but what she said was true. In September, I'd be going away to Penn State and Cheryl would be with Toni. Betty didn't want to go to college but she wanted something to do with her life. Everyone in our family was just so worried about her future...