Chapter 12

*Rye's POV*

I blink my eyes open, the smell of something similar to pancakes and bacon invading my senses. I stretch a little bit, cringing at my sore tummy.

"Mmmm you're awake." I hear Jack mumble from behind me in bed.

I roll around sleepily to curl up next to him, my head laid on one of his thighs.

"What happened?" I asked softly, not remembering much of this morning.

"You told me you murdered six people. Had a panic attack when I told the others which resulted in you passing out, waking up, and puking your guts out till you fell asleep." Jack explains almost all in one breath.

I freeze on his lap in a slight panic. What if this was him rejecting me? What if they called the police?

"We're not doing anything. We understand why you did it. Not that murdering people is right, because that was so impossibly wrong. But it doesn't really change my view on you." Jack calms me, running his fingers through my hair.

There's a light knock on the door and in comes a very much naked Brooklyn. I cover my eyes, squeaking lightly.

"Dinner is ready." Brooklyn says.

"Go get clothes on you twat!" Jack exclaims.

"Dinner?" I asked softly after Brooklyn had left.

"You slept all day." Jack answered, his eyes searching my face in worry.

I slide up into a sitting position as best I can before kissing him softly. I try to deepen it but he pushes me away.

"Puke. You puked." Jack explains again quickly.

I can feel the heat rising in my cheeks as I hear Jack giggle lightly in front of me.

"I'm gonna go brush me teeth then. Go to the kitchen I'll meet you there." I say, getting up and stretching carefully.

"Or I can just come with you." Jack flirts.

I ignore the cheeky comment making my way to the bathroom. As soon as I have my teeth brushed I'm spun around and pinned against the counter. I look up in just enough time to see Jack leaning in, our lips crashing together in a messy kiss.

My hands find their way to Jacks hair, gripping and pulling the beautiful boy closer to me. His hands almost bruising my sides as he holds my body flush against his. Jack slowly moves from my lips to my jaw to my neck.

"S-shit!" I gasp out, tugging at Jack's hair as he begins to lightly nibble and suck right where my neck meets my jawline.

"Hey Jack? Oh my god why do I keep doing this?!" Brook says from the door with a slam again.

Jack and I break apart almost unwillingly. I sigh, resting my forehead against his.

"Let's go get dinner." Jack whispers, as if he's scared to speak too loud.

*Jack's POV*

"Are you guys ok?" Andy asks softly as I cuddle up to his side, watching Rye eat the pancakes and bacon quickly.

"Yeah," I answer with a soft smile. "I just. What if I'm doing something wrong? I mean he did kill all those people."

"I know. And I'm not going to try and justify that for him. But look," Andy says making me look him in the eye. "It's not going to be easy for any of us. We could all go to jail for hiding him, but he's the only thing that's made you happy for so long. Not even being with Mike and I made you that happy."

I just nodded in response. Too deep in my own thoughts. Andy clicks on the TV and we all sit to watch. Me crawling into Rye's lap as the news reel begins, laying my head on his shoulder.

"Recent discoveries have found a the potential Midnight Man. But concerns flood the police department as they cannot reach where he is located..."

I can feel Rye stiffen below me, so I wrap my arms around his neck and nuzzle into him. Doing whatever I can to keep him calm.

So you all are REALLY hating me now for this cliffhanger. Peace and love, see you on the stupid side x