Chapter 5

Warning: slight mentions of rape at beginning in italics. Skip if needed.

*Rye's POV*

*Flashback*

"Rye come on please." Shawn begged, following me to our joint dorm.

"No Shawn, you forced it to happen. I couldn't even cry out for help." I growl out.

"I-I thought you liked it?" Shawn stutters, freezing now across from me.

"How the fuck was me crying liking it?" I rush out, grabbing one of my knife displays off the wall.

Shawn's eyes go wide and he backs against the cupboards. I know he won't make a sound as I slice across his throat, dropping the weapon as I watch him fall to the floor. Quickly I pull my gloves off, showering the blood off of me and making my way out of the dorm so I can burn my clothes. When I get back there's police.

"There! That's his roommate Rye!" A girl from our coed dorm says.

"What happened?" I ask, making my voice sound confused.

"Your roommate was possibly murdered while you were away. No trace of evidence." The policeman speaks up.

"No video of who's come in and out?" A boy speaks up.

"We only have cameras at the front of the buildings. It could have been anyone. Even those who come in the back where we don't have cameras," The policeman sighs. "The university doesn't have the funds to put more up yet."

And that's how I had gotten away with my first murder. They closed the case ruling suicide not much longer after.

"Mate you alright?" Andy speaks up and I jump slightly, burning myself.

I hiss, quickly running cold water over my hand.

"Just great." I say a bit sarcastically.

"Sorry." Andy speaks and I shake my head.

"You're fine mate, I got lost in my thoughts anyways." I answer, making my way over to give them their drinks.

"Thanks mate. Hope to see you again." Brook says cheerfully before they turn and head out.

Looking down I see they've left 5€ on the counter. Picking it up I pocket it turning to see a smiling Sophie.

"Longest conversation you've had in a while with a customer," She teases. "Even a little flirting!"

"You know I don't date Soph." I roll my eyes.

"Come on! You're 22 now! You haven't dated for 4 years." Sophie whined.

"And I'm not about to." I answer softly, looking out the window in the back.

"I'm sorry." Sophie says now, pulling me into a hug. "I can't imagine what it feels like."

*Jack's POV*

"What took you so long?" Mikey whined as the other boys climbed into the car.

Andy leaned in, kissing his lips softly and slowly, making me fake gag in the back. Both of them flip me off before adding tongue to make me and Brook wait longer. They pull apart and I roll my eyes at them smiling fondly.

"So what took you so long?" I asked now instead of Mikey.

"The barista was quite flirty, and then he zoned out injuring himself." Brook speaks up next to me now.

"Oh really now? Who did he flirt with?" I say, looking back and forth.

Andy has a cheeky smile as he starts the vehicle.

"Love how everyone flirts with my boyfriend." Mikey says jokingly angry.

Even though we all knew him and Andy were in an open relationship since they were both polyamorous.

"Not really my type to be fair. He was a bit to flirty, but shy at the same time." Andy explains, turning into the busy street slowing down for a red light.

"More Jacks' type." Brook speaks up next to me.

I give him a glare and he gives me one back.

"We both know why I don't date Brook. We all know." I state now, crossing my arms over my chest and looking out the window ignoring everyone else for the rest of the ride.

So I am not fully back yet. I will be in a week or two. I'm doing alright. Been taking a lot of time to work on myself and keeping myself in the right mindset. Please be respectful of me being gone still. My foster brothers funeral is on Saturday and it's been taking a lot out of me since he passed. So yeah anyways, I love you all a lot and am so thankful for you all. Peace and love, see you on the stupid side x