Chapter Twenty-Four

~Sunday 24th December 2017~

"Are you OK?" Alwynn finally mustered the courage to ask the question that had been bouncing around his head since the two had set off from Vant's house twenty minutes ago.

"Of course, why?" Vant smiled reassuringly, resting his hand on Alwynn's thigh, his smile widening when the boy began trailing his fingertips over the back of his hand.

"You're quiet, more so than usual. You're not nervous about meeting my gran, are you?" Alwynn followed the veins that weaved their way over Vant's hand, brushing over the silver band he adorned on his middle finger.

"Not at all," Vant chuckled briefly, "I remember Stephie, even if I only met her once, she was very polite. Although I did pay more attention to you that day," Alwynn nodded absently, choosing not to pry further into Vant's odd nature he was displaying that day. He might have just not been in a talking mood, Alwynn didn't want to start any arguments if he was.

"What's this for?" Alwynn inquired, enamoured by the smooth silver band. It was simple, and covered in scratches, yet beautiful still.

"It's my wedding ring from when I married Eternity, we both kept them, although I'm not sure if she still wears hers."

"It's pretty, can I try it on?" Vant nodded, splaying his fingers so Alwynn could ease the ring off and put it on himself, "I don't think it fits," he said with a giggle.

"No, not quite," Vant chuckled again, "I'll get you one that fits one day, don't you worry, sweet boy," Alwynn's eyes widened a little and he froze midway through putting the ring back on Vant's finger.

"Are you talking about a wedding ring?"

"What else?" Alwynn simply stared at Vant when the man's eyes flickered to him from the road a few times, "not anytime soon, unless you don't want to get married."

"No, no, I do," Alwynn blurted out quickly, "I just, I don't know, I wasn't expecting you to be thinking of it so soon."

"I'm not talking about next week, Ali," Vant smiled fondly, returning his full attention to the road when he pulled up into the car park outside Alwynn's grandmother's retirement home.

"I know," Alwynn blushed with an idiotic grin splitting his face, "I never thought I'd want to get married, I didn't think I'd ever find anyone I loved enough," Alwynn's eyes widened suddenly, realising what he had just implied, "I-I mean-" Alwynn was cut off by Vant's mouth covering his own in a tender kiss, one that was a stark contrast to the ones they usually shared.

"I love you too, Ali," Alwynn's heart swelled at those four words that drifted quietly from Vant's lips between more sweet kisses, making his blush only increase.

"OK, we need to stop before we end up fucking in the backseat," Alwynn giggled, pushing on Vant's chest, laughing when the vampire pouted at him, "if you're good we can stop somewhere on the way back, or I'll just suck you off whilst you drive," Alwynn still felt absolutely no discomfort when talking with Vant, even though he would have expected to feel far more embarrassed talking to anyone the way he spoke with his boyfriend.

"Mmm, what ever did I do to deserve you, sweet boy?" Alwynn put his hand over Vant's mouth when he tried to kiss him again, laughing at the man's frown, "tease," Vant murmured through Alwynn's hand, narrowing his eyes when the boy got out of the car. Alwynn smiled when Vant caught up to him, biting down on his bottom lip when the man slipped his hand into his back pocket and squeezed his ass.

"Be good," he warned playfully, "or no head," Vant chuckled, agreeing silently and moving to hold Alwynn's hand instead.

"Hi, Alwynn," Ainslee beamed from the kitchen doorway, holding a tray with some empty mugs on them, "Stephie is just finishing her lunch, she shouldn't be too long."