𝟑𝟏. 𝐏𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐦 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

I immediately let the paper fall slowly on the floor. Why did she return back, she should of known better, my heart couldn't take it. I couldn't continue reading today. He had caught her again, mind was racing like crazy, making guesses about what could of happened to our dear aunt. I wanted to read, find out what happened, if he caught her or not but...

Elias surname was Jones, exactly as the name that was written under the drawing of the family. The man had told aunt Grace that the doctor's name was "Elias Jones", so who were the other people in the photo my aunt had, I thought to myself. There was a whole family and not just a man.

"March 4 / 1963

So though it felt as if my bones had no more strength and my muscles were all out of power, I still had the option to remain still, to be quiet enough to choose how to fight, but he didn't see me.

A young woman with the most mesmerizing blue eyes I had ever seen was beside him, holding him by the hand. A young boy was close to them. He had a wife, he even had a son. Nobody knew the monster he was, he had fooled everyone including that woman, enough to make a child with him.

Anger or pain, worked on the mind as a torture, elevating primal fear, decreasing logic and self control. I just wanted to attack him without thinking about the consequences but I didn't do anything. I turned my back slowly, hoping he wouldn't see me and that was exactly what happened.

Only Love and Death could change all the things and I had seen both of them with my own eyes. He was laughing, he was relaxed. Elias, it was strange saying his name after all these years. Suddenly, he asked his son if he wanted an aeroplane ride and of course the little kid sweetly answered "I do".

He was actually acting like a father, like he had some type of feeling inside him but I knew better. I knew him better than anyone. He was hollow inside. If anyone had seen him now, they would think that he was a normal man that loved his son and his wife but, he was a killer. A monster that was hungry for lives, for  blood. He only wanted to make others feel pain. Destroy them utterly.

That young child could be our son in another world, in a world where I would be happy with the man I loved and not trying to survive from his bloody, cold hands. In a world where my baby would still be here with me and not gone forever in the depths of the abyss. Sadly, that world didn't exist, not for me, not for everyone.

I felt the need to warn the young woman that stood beside him but my mind stopped me, I could't get involved. He could easily learn that I was here and I was sure that he would kill me, let's just call it unfinished business.

I learned that his wife was a woman that came to Snowshill for vacations. She was a widow but their love was instant, so they got married and had a beautiful baby called James. He was trying to be a father but he could't fool me, I knew better. I had seen the evil inside his eyes and his soul.

I quickly started walking down the street until I reached my home. I saw it standing there, in the middle of some fields, filled with light green grass. My home. I was finally home. I slowly unlocked the door and walked in. Time had abused my furniture and the cream color from my walls was washed out. My big mahogany table in the kitchen was full of dust and as I touched it, my bare fingers became grey.

When I looked at the walls I saw spiders crawling all over them. They were black, a little hairy, and were about as big as a tennis ball. They scuttled in seemingly random directions.

My stomach was hurting since I had seen him, the growling of my stomach grew as I sinked into the dusty couch. It had been days since I had eaten a proper meal, I had no appetite, the smell of food made me nauseous. My muscles were aching from the nights of hunching over crying. Sobbing. I may looked happy since I moved to Alderton but in the nights I was alone. I was myself.

I was crying for my lost baby, for my lost happiness."

" October  10 / 1979

As the years passed I learned to live alone. I had learned to live in the shadows. Elias had moved away with his family and our village was finally free. One day, one cold day the son of Elias came. James. He threatened to kill me without showing any fear. The boy that was once young and carefree was now following the steps of his father. He was in transition, already turning monster just like his father.

Elias disappeared, he had disappeared for years now because the police was close at finding who the killer was, who was behind all those poisonings. Elias left, he disappeared and no one saw him again, no one knew if he was alive or dead. Deep down I wished he was dead.

His wife came to my house and thought that I wouldn't recognize her. Unfortunately I did. She came to me asking for a job, she was alone in the world, broken, so I said yes. I took her in my home but I knew that all she wanted was my diary, everything was now revealed, she wanted to know how much I knew about the killer.

She was in it, she had helped Elias get rid of the bodies when the police were close enough at finding who was behind the murders. She helped him move the bodies to the bridge and burned them.

How do I know about this? I saw them. How strange. The night they decided to get rid of the bodies I was awake. I saw them transferring lifeless people, they burned them, so that no one would ever find out who was the killer. No fingerprints, not anything.

If someone ever finds my diary, just know that if I ever die, if they ever kill me it will be James. He had already tried poisoning me twice with his mother, Jenny. He will kill me I know it, but I am waiting, I am peaceful. It is time for me to bury all my pain, to forget about everything. I am not afraid of death anymore.

I am ready to go down without a fight, just let myself in the hands of death."

"