t h i r t y - s e v e n

Bloody hell guys. The feedback I got was amazing. Not even fifteen minutes after I posted I had like a crap ton of votes and everything. Thank you so, so much. Honestly, when I began writing this story, I half expected it to stay in that part of Wattpad that nobody ever went to. I never expected it to get this far... Just... Oh gosh I am so happy right now. 

I actually started writing this right after I saw how much feedback I got on the last chapter. It really made me want to write more, so... Here I am.

If you could pretty please leave a comment it would make my day a 1000000000000000 times more spectacular. <3 <3 <3

PS : Do you guys like the new cover? COMMENT YOU ANSWER <3 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Within half an hour, the three had gathered the needed gasoline and a bit of food hidden behind the desk at a gas station. They were all pretty quiet, each of them fearing what they could find in Woodbury. 

Would they find a home to remain in, or would it already be too far gone?

Presley rode with Daryl on his bike, the loud motor somehow comforting her into a daze. Her hands rested in her lap, and she kept a few inches of space between the two of them. While Daryl was broad, he was pretty in shape and not quite as thick as he probably was when this whole thing started. Neither of them took up much room on the bike. 

Without totally realizing what she was doing, she rested her head on his back, her cheek against the wings on his leather jacket. She could feel his muscles tense and coil, but he didn't say anything or push her away, so she remained. She closed her eyes, taking deep breaths of the warm air as he lazily swerved around the road, drifting from one side to the other. 

The town where Woodbury was came into view, and Presley pulled away, staring forward and squinting past the bright light. "Looks vacant." She commented as they rolled to a stop and he cut the engine. Stefan slammed the door and came up beside them, frowning a bit. She swung off the bike and approached the fence, turning and looking at Stefan.

"Boost me up so I can look over the fence." She said. Stefan hesitated before lacing his fingers together and crouching a bit for her to slip her boot into his hands. She lifted herself up, using her hands to peer over the edge of the fence. Daryl could see her head whip back and forth repeatedly before she suddenly grunted and jumped, pulling herself up and over the edge.

"Presley!" Stefan and Daryl both said in unison, but she made no reply. They heard a thump on the other side, and only seconds later the door swung open. She looked at them, arms crossed and eyebrows cocked. 

"Jesus, guys, you have like zero trust in me." She said tauntingly, whipping out her bow and knocking an arrow into place. She turned swiftly on her heel, humming quietly as she scoped through the vacant town. "Talk about a ghost town. All we need is a tumbleweed rolling across." She tsked, striding down the street. 

"Stay close, Pres." Stefan said quietly, but she could barely hear him. She heard him, and she chose to ignore what he said. 

"Looks like it's ours for the taking!" She said, spinning towards them with a radiant smile. Daryl chuckled, and even Stefan cracked a smile... But both those things quickly ended when gunfire rang, and somebody shot the place at Presley's feet. Within an instant both boys were booking towards her, but Daryl got to her first, dragging her towards cover: a concrete bench.

He pushed her down forcefully as he looked, squinting to try and find where the shot had come from. Seconds later, a girl appeared, a shotgun locked and loaded. Her hair was short and brown and her tattered clothing was basically drenched with blood.

Presley stood, despite Daryl's efforts to stop her. To both the boys' horror, she sprinted towards the girl. They watched in awe as she lowered the shotgun and covered her mouth, bursting into tears as Presley reached her. Maggie, it was Maggie. The two embraced, Maggie burrying her face into Presley's neck. 

"Oh my God, thank the Lord it's you." Maggie breathed, sniffling as Daryl and Stefan approached her. Suddenly, she pulled away, looking at them with wide eyes. "Do you guys have antibiotics, any at all? Bandages, anything?"

"Um yeah-." Presley managed to say when Maggie gripped her by the arms, blue eyes wide. 

"Glenn's hurt, he's hurt real bad. I've got the bleeding to stop, and I've disinfected it the best I could with alcohol, but I don't know if it'll work." She spoke frantically. 

"What happened?" Stefan voiced.

"He was shot in the leg." Maggie said, her voice both pained and frantic. Presley cringed a bit, knowing that a leg shot would be bad.. But at least he could still shoot. She nodded, looking to Daryl. He glanced over at her, a frown creasing his face. Even deep in thought, he looked bloody handsome.

Presley peeled the bag off of her back, dropping it to the ground and unzipping it. She pulled out everything Maggie would need, handing it hesitantly to the frightened wife. Truth was, she didn't want to just hand them off. She had expected to use them on herself, Stefan, or Daryl... But Maggie was her friend. To keep them from Glenn would be like keeping it from Maggie herself... Maybe even worse.

The three followed Maggie in silence as she scampered back to the place Glenn was kept, her fast gate hard for all of them to keep up with. They entered a house and traveled to the top floor, where they found Glenn laid out on a bed. A thick roll of old sheets were wrapped around his legs, stained pink and red. Zeva's nose rose to the sky at the scent of blood. 

Glenn looked weakly over to the three of them, surprise evident on his face. "Looks like we weren't the only ones with this idea." 

"And hopefully we won't be the only ones."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Short update.. I know, I'm sorry.

I have homecoming tomorrow, yearbook photography for the football game... And I'll probably have a shit-ton of homework, too.

Thank you so so so so much for everything... I will get another update up this weekend if ya'll comment and vote. c:

Early update goal: 110 votes
I am just trying this out. If you reach this, you will recieve an update ASAP. If not, I will take my time writing. See? Give a little, get a little. c: 

Comment? <3