f I f t y t h r e e

Early update because like
Yeah.
Have fun.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Presley snagged the gun from the ground and cracked it open with a swift movement of her hands. "Two bullets, eh?" The revolver held six. He just shrugged.

"Ammunition is hard to come by now." She huffed and stuffed it into her belt at her back. She nodded her head towards the direction of Woodbury.

"Go." She barked. "Remember, one wrong move and this pretty lil cupcake will have that precious artery in your neck on the ground."

The man did just as she told him to, walking forward at a pace that was comfortable for both of them. Zeva remained glued to Presley's side, ears pricked and eyes alert. Every now and then she would rumble a growl.

"How long have you been following us?"

"Since the prison. I was there when Daryl found you." He glanced back. "He helped you before I could. If he hadn't gotten to you first, your life would be a lot different."

She hesitated, "Do you know what they did to me?"

"No." He sighed. "I watched the prison, but foolishly, I didn't pay much attention to Woodbury." Her shoulders slumped.

"I have three questions for you."

"I've killed more walkers than I could count." He paused. "I killed one man. Why? Because he tried stealing from me."

She was surprised she didn't even have to ask. She blinked and then recovered, shaking her head. "Will Rick recognize you?"

"Yes." He said immediately.

"If he doesn't know who you are within ten seconds, I'm putting your own bullets through your chest."

"Fair enough."

Woodbury came into view, the reflective walls shining brilliantly. She rounded her way to the gate, directing Morgan with the occasional nudge from her arrow. They reached the gate.

"Glenn!" The doors swung open just seconds later. Glenn narrowed his eyes.

"Presley-."

"He says he's a friend of Rick's." She left out the part that he had been stalking them since the prison. Those particular details were probably better left unsaid until Rick got around. The man in boots was approaching fast, his stride long. Even from a distance she could see his hand resting on the revolver on his hip.

"I was about to send out a search crew." He said. "It's almost sundown." She shrugged.

"I got held up."

"I see that." He then looked at Morgan for the first time. He seemed surprised at first, and then slightly pleased.

"Down, Zeva." She murmured when the dog growled again. She stopped and gazed curiously up at Presley, unsure of what to think of the situation.

"Morgan." Rick breathed. "It's been a while."

"Too long."

"How did you find her?"

Morgan went on with his explanation as the group surrounded him curiously, often cringing whenever he mentioned he'd been watching them. Presley noted that while the others were just watching him, Daryl looked like he wanted to rip off his head.

"Did he hurt ye?" Daryl said once Morgan stopped talking. The dark-skinned man seemed abashed that he would ask that. He looked as though he wanted to protest, but he obviously knew it would do no good. Daryl's hard features held no forgiveness.

"No." Presley said immediately. "He didn't touch me."

Daryl still seemed displeased, but grunted rather than saying anything more. As long as she wasn't hurt, everything would be okay. Carl came forward with baby Judith on his hip. Rick took the child in his arms, glancing at Morgan. He seemed comfortable around him now. "This is my daughter Judith and my son Carl." He drew his hand over his son's shaggy mass of hair.

"Nice to meet you." Morgan said. Presley snickered, knowing that Morgan already knew quite well who the both of them were. The group glanced at her, but asked nothing. They knew that she wouldn't answer.

"Let me show you to where we sleep." Rick said, stuffing his hands into his pockets. "You'll be a welcome addition... If that's what you want."

"Actually... I came to tell you something." Morgan admitted. "One of your people, Beth, I do believe was her name-."

"Beth?" Maggie rushed forward, her lips parted and eyes wide. Even Presley seemed to listen a little better.

"They'll take you in and welcome you." Morgan said. "They offered me a place to stay, but I didn't take it. Beth Is the one who came and told me. Poor girl didn't even know who I was."

"We tried Terminus-."

"It's not Terminus." Morgan intervened.

"Then where is it?" Michonne demanded.

"A safe haven. A place where you can raise your children and thrive. Steel bars that won't ever let walkers in to see the world from that view." Morgan gave a shaky smile. "You won't ever have to feel fear again- you'll be safe."

The group glanced around at each other. They trusted very few people. How could they trust anybody? They'd been through too many things, seen too many deaths, made too many mistakes. What Morgan was describing seemed far too impossible. It was too much of a dream-like scenario to actually be real.

But Morgan was no liar. He'd been through just as much. He'd lost people, he'd hurt people, and he'd trusted the wrong people before. He spoke the truth- he had found a place where they could all thrive and not have to worry about being eaten by things that used to be your own kind.

"This place... This sanctuary." Morgan sighed. "I'll take you to it. You'll be safe."

"What is it called?" Michonne demanded again.

"Alexandria. The place is Alexandria."

- - - - - - - - - - -

The story has been altered, as I am sure you can see.
Beth is still alive, we are skipping over the hospital and taking a different route with this.

Please vote and follow me on wattpad and twitter c:
Twitter: goddeesw

I've also been thinking about a new TWD story, like, without Daryl and Presley. I was thinking of fast forwarding a few years and getting into a relationship with Coral. What do you guys think? It won't even start until I have a decent start on the sequel to Arrowhead.

BTW: next chapter is the last chapter for Arrowhead.