f o u r t e en

A gun shot rang out from the yard. Almost instantly, Presley grabbed Maggie's arm and pulled her down to the ground. The two looked around frantically for the closest weapons. Presley pulled out a hand gun, cocking it. Maggie had told her not to bring it, but she had brought it any ways.

She stuck two fingers in her mouth and whistled. Just seconds later, Zeva replied with a bark. Without saying anything to Maggie, Presley ran as fast as her legs would let her until she found Zeva. The dog was crouching over a small body.

"Lizzie..." Presley said, dropping down on her knees. The attacker had to have been on the other side of the fence. She looked around, alarmed. They were in low ground. They were safe unless she stood, or the attacker came into the yard. Gun fire continued across the yard, deafening.

"Presley?" The girl said, reaching for Presley's hand. The little girl's eyes glistened with tears. More gun fire rang out.

"Shh, Lizzie." She said, pressing her hands to the girl's gunshot wound. "You'll be okay, all right? I'll get you to Hershal and he'll stitch you right up." But Presley knew it was a lie. Lizzie's face was getting paler by the second.

"They got Mika, Presley." Lizzie said, causing Presley to freeze. "They... They grabbed her. I-I tried to stop them but..." The little girl closed her eyes. Her breathing was shallow. "I'll come back, r-right?"

Presley said nothing. She lifted her bloody hands from the wound, watching as Lizzie's little life slipped away. She pushed herself off the ground, readying her gun. Zeva let out a bark of warning, but it was too late. By the time Presley turned, a cloth was covering her nose and mouth. She struggled to get out of the hold, but it was no use. Her vision blurred and she slumped in the arms of her captor.

- - -

"Presley!" Maggie screamed as she watched the girl get drugged. The raven haired girl slumped, almost hitting the ground, but the man caught her before she could. She tried moving towards her friend, but Glenn stopped her.

"Maggie..." He said, looking out over at the girl. A dozen people were in the yard, crouched and firing rounds at the people for the prison. Glenn forced Maggie to duck, despite the girl's state of mind.

"They took Presley!" She screamed when she saw Daryl. The man stopped and spun around, appearing almost as frantic as herself. He shot down one of the people who got too close. That was the last of the attackers, but the kidnapper had gotten out of there.

Suddenly, Maggie was surrounded by people of the prison. Rick approached her. "What do you mean they took her?"

"They took her, and they took Mika."

- - -

Presley's chest ached and her head pounded. She laid out on her side in a back seat, she figured, but she couldn't see because of a cloth covering her eyes. She rolled her ankle for her knife, frowning when she realized it wasn't there.

She recognized two voices in front of her, both male. "It's a damn shame we had to kill the little girl... We could use some kids around Woodbury." He said.

"We got one, though, so that's good. Roger said her name is Mika." The other voice said.

"Hey, Marcus?" The other voice asked. "Why did we have to get this girl? I mean she's hot, but she doesn't look like anything special or worth taking."

"Governor's orders." Marcus replied simply.

Presley stiffened. The governor? She had never expected to see him again... And then it dawned on her. Maybe the Governor had been her kidnapper last time. The one who had broken her ribs and left her torn to pieces.

The car suddenly rolled to a stop. Presley tried to move, but her body was too weak and she felt too tired. The back door opened, and she was lifted from the seat. She went limp, as if she were still unconcious.

"Did you get her?" She recognized the Governor's voice.

"Here she is, boss." She was handed into the arms of a different man. Her body went cold where the new arms touched her.

"Good work."

- - -

By the time she was finally set down and had the blind fold removed, Presley was wide awake. When she opened her eyes, the Governor faced her. His one eye looked at her, an unreadable expression on his face.

"Hello, Presley." He greeted. "It is lovely to see you again."

She still felt too weak to move. She simply glared at him.

"I heard my comrade broke your ribs last time... And you still ran." He said, standing and moving towards her. "That's a tough girl.

He dragged her roughly to her feet. He grabbed her chin between his fingers, lowering his face down to her ear. She held her breath. "Now you've just angered me."

She would have shoved him away, but her hands were tied behind her back. So she simply shrank away. "Stay the hell away from me."

The man laughed. "Good thing I like mine feisty.

- - -

And thus, the boring chapters are over.

Dun dun dun.

WOODBURY IS A NEW THING. The governor did not have it before. Over the span of the six months, he had been able to round up a good sized group. His aim is for Michonne, but the prison will be his target. You'll know why they hate each other so much here soon ;) it'll all fall together, my lovelies.

But it'll probably be confusing for a while. Don't give up on me! It'll all be good here soon.

Tell me what you thought :>