Chapter 21

I stood to my feet after literally crying an ocean and composed myself. Though I knew not to take Lisa's threat for granted, I wasn't going to let it bother me... for now. I couldn't, everyone knew me so well, they'd know something was up.

"Sky?" I heard someone call from outside the bus.

I quickly ran to the bathroom and splashed my face with water, I made sure my eyes were no longer red before exiting the bathroom.

"Sky?" the voice called again, this time closer.

I headed over to the front lounge and smiled at Damon.

"Sorry, I just needed to freshen up." I lied.

But he bought it. He laughed while nodding his head understandingly.

"Alex has been looking for you." he informed me.

I sighed. Alex was the last person I wanted to see right now... he'd know right away that something was wrong.

"Yeah... tell him I'll see him after the show, I have to go do my job." I replied with a slight smile.

Damon nodded before heading off the bus, I following closely behind him just in case Lisa was still hanging around.

I rushed over to the pit just as Pierce The Veil took the stage and I stayed there the entire show...

It was during Fall Out Boy's set, when I was taking pictures of Pete that the unexpected happened.

"This next song goes out to a special girl... uh, Patrick's soon to be lady." Pete laughed down the mic, making the audience awe and others cheer.

I looked over at Patrick to see him laugh and blush as he shook his head at the immature bassist.

"I'm in love.... " Patrick trailed off, smiling at the ground. "This song's for you, Sky." he mumbled into the mic.

My eyes widened, my mouth hung open.

Me?

I couldn't even hear what song they were playing because my thoughts were all shouting at me.

Patrick...?

Patrick was in love with me? And he had just announced it to the entire world...

I quickly rushed backstage, my lungs giving out on me as I struggled to catch my breath when I finally reached side stage.

My eyes immediately landed on Alex. He was staring furiously at the stage while Jack, Rian and Zack tried holding him back from marching up there and probably causing a scene so ridiculous.

"Alex," I breathed out.

His head snapped in my direction, the angry look on his face being replaced by sadness.

He forcefully pushed his band off of him and slowly walked over to me.

"Since when?" he asked softly.

"What?" I asked, staring confusedly at him.

"Since when have you and Patrick had a thing!?" he raised his voice.

I jumped back in surprise, later frowning from his tone.

"I didn't know Patrick felt that way... but I don't feel the same. Alex, I like you." I whispered.

"Bullshit!" he yelled.

I stepped back, tears starting to sting my eyes.

But this wasn't my fault. I was still me, I was the same Skylar I was all those years ago, I was true. Which meant that I would never play with someone's feelings, Alex should know that. But he didn't really know... Alex was the one who had changed.

"Fuck you." I declared and stormed off, to wherever it was my feet were leading me.

He had changed. He was different. He wasn't my Alex, was that why I couldn't love him like I did before?

"Sky!?" someone called after me.

"Go away." I demanded without looking at them.

"Sky?" they called again.

"What?" I raised my voice and finally looked up at them.

It was Zack.

"He didn't mean it." he whispered, catching up to me.

"You don't understand." I replied.

"Then explain?" he suggested, a sly smile on his lips.

I sniffled and wiped away my tears. "I've spent all this time being afraid of not being the same person I used to be. But it was never me. It's him, Zack. It's Alex, he's the one who's changed." I said.

"You can't blame him." he whispered.

"Like hell I can." I replied and crossed my arms over my chest.

"No, Sky. Alex went through hell when we were told you had died... he went as far as attempting suicide. If he, if we, lost you again, he wouldn't be able to handle it. So you can't blame him for not wanting to lose you." Zack said, looking directly at me.

I looked up at him. "He... attempted suicide?" I asked carefully.

He nodded. "Right after you were pronounced dead to us."

"But I couldn't possibly mean that much to him if he acts like this." I replied, being my stubborn self.

Zack faked a bitter laugh. "Look, Skylar, I can never make you believe what you don't want to believe, but I know that deep down, you love Alex. And that scares you... but don't say I didn't warn you when it's too late." he said and walked off.

I stayed standing in place watching as he walked away from me.

It seemed like everyone was walking away from me recently but I guess I deserved it. Now there was only one question left to ask: Did I love Alex?

______________________________

Dun dun... should I do a sequel? Um... I've been thinking about it. Maybe, just maybe. It's too early to decide though.