Chapter 13

I woke up the next day, my head pounding from all the crying I had done the night before. I rubbed my eyes and checked the time on my phone, the bright light making me squint. I managed to keep my eyes opened enough time to see that it was barely 8:34am.

I grunted silently and decided on just lying down for a while longer. As I made myself comfortable on my bunk once again, I heard faint humming along with a guitar being quietly strummed in the front lounge. I decided to stay silent and listen.

"When I was younger I was certain that I'd be fine without a Queen. Just a King inside his castle with an ocean in between." the voice sang.

It sounded like Alex. No, it was definitely Alex. I could differ his soft, soothing voice.

As I waited for him to continue playing, a loud, annoying sound ripped through the silence. It was my phone, I really needed to change my ringtone.

I frantically searched for my phone around the bunk until I found it.

"Hello?" I whispered as I answered without even looking at the caller ID.

"Skylar! How's the tour life?" the voice spoke.

I knew that voice, it was the very happy and cheery voice of my best friend.

"Damon! It's been good! How are you?" I asked, while still keeping my voice down to not wake anyone.

As you may have guessed, my bestfriend's name was Damon. As in Damon Fizzy, the infamous famous YouTuber. We met when I moved to Florida.

"I've been great! Got a lot of exciting things to tell you." he said.

"Oh really? What?" I asked.

"Alternative Press wanted someone to go out and follow FOB on their tour, and can you guess who they asked?"

"No way!?! But you're not an interviewer?" I whispered shouted.

"I know, but I figured I could learn from this. And how cool would it be to meet the Fall Out Boy!?" he laughed.

My face lit up as soon as reality hit me.

"When do you start?" I smirked, though I knew he couldn't see me.

"I think in 3 days. I guess I'm going to be living in the same tour bus as FOB. I just got a text from AP saying that they've already talked it out with their tour manager."

"Do you know the other bands on that tour?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's Pierce The Veil and All Time Low. How awesome is that!?"

"Very. Did I ever tell you who I'm photographing for?"

"No, who is it?" he murmured.

"Oh, just some bands I think you might like." I taunted.

"Who!?" he whined.

"Fall Out Boy, All Time Low, and Pierce The Veil!" I squealed while still managing to keep my voice down.

"That's awes- wait! Are you serious!?!?" he screamed down the line, making me pull the phone away from my ear.

"This is surreal! We're gonna have a blast! I can't wait!" he cheered.

I laughed as he let all the excitement leave his body through girly screams.

"Okay, so I have to go. See you soon." I spoke.

He continued screaming and freaking out so I decided to hang up on him. He would probably yell at me for that as soon as he saw me.

I got out of my bunk and tied my hair up in a messy pony tail as I walked over to the front lounge where Alex sat on the couch with a guitar in his hands. There was a journal sitting in front of him that contained messy writing in it. He had a pencil placed on top of his ear, through his messy morning hair while his tongue poked out of the corner of his lips as he concentrated.