Chapter 50: Level Up!

Izuku stood infront of Gran Torino. "I was chewing over what you told me, mister Torino, and I tried putting it into practice... but... it failed as you can see." He said. "The way forward looks really ridiculously long..." He muttered.

"Of course it looks like that after embarking on that first challenge." The pro hero chuckled. "There's no helping it. The whole concept would have a hell of a time popping out of All Might's head. The man handled the power like it was normal since the start, that's why his way of guiding you was mistaken. His body was the only thing he had going for him." He said. Strangely, Izuku was being energetic when Gran Torino mentioned this. "Wow! All Might's school days!" He exclaimed... that's a true fanboy for you. "During our practical training, I single-mindedly made him spew." Gran Torino added. *So that's what had him so shaken!* Izuku thought.

"He couldn't handle the power half-heartedly... because he was entrusted to it by a late friend." The hero informed Izuku. "All Might's predecessor... has he passed away?" Izuku asked. Gran Torino was shocked to hear this. "W-wha-?" He muttered. Then, the doorbell rang. Izuku opened his eyes and went to the door. "You're delivery is here. And it's from Amazon!" Izuku told Gran Torino. "I'll go get it for you." He added. *So, you haven't told him, Toshinori?* Gran Torino thought.

Izuku brought in the package. Then, he opened it. With Gran Torino's permission of course. "A... microwave?" He asked. "The one I had broke yesterday for some reason! So I went express, next day delivery." Gran Torino said as he patted the microwave. Izuku sighed as he closed his eyes. "Sir, aren't you the one who broke the microwave?" He asked. Then, the hero pretended to not hear him. *Is he being serious or is he just feigning ignorance?!* Izuku thought.

"All right! Kid, let's fry and eat the taiyaki we bought yesterday! I'm all set!!" Gran Torino exclaimed. "T-taiyaki for breakfast? Just how much sweets do you eat everyday?" Izuku asked. "Whar can I say? I loveee sweets!" Gran Torino chirped.

Izuku opened his eyes again and placed the taiyaki inside the microwave. While he is doing this, Gran Torino kept drumming the table like a child waiting for some chocolates or something.

*Treat One for All like breathing... thinking it over calmly... that means I have to catch up to the sensation everyone else has had of cultivating the power for 15 years. But I don't have all the time in this world...* Izuku thought as he waited. *In order to draw out more than 8% power. The months it would take is no different from building up the body.*

When the micorwave gave the satisfying ding, Izuku took out the taiyaki. "Uhyoooo! Now that's what I'm talking about! Hot off the oven!" Gran Torino said as he looked at the taiyaki. "Time is so limited... what should I do..." Izuku mumbled. "You're makin' a damn gloomy face there." Gran Torino commented. "For now, just have a bite of some nice hot tai-" He paused as he took a bite of the taiyaki. "It's goddamn cold!" He exclaimed.

"Huh?" Izuku asked as he went to the taiyaki. "No way! I put it on defrost and it dinged and everything!" He said as he poked the food. Gran Torino went to the microwave. "You idiot..." He mumbled. "Did you just put the huge plate in there just like that?!" He asked the student. "If you just jam it there by force, then it wouldn't turn properly, idiot!" He said. "Only a part of it would get hot in that way! It's like you ain't ever dinged anything!"

"Ah... our microwave is the type that doesn't rotate... so... sorry sir." Then, Izuku was hit by the truck of realization. "Ahhhh!" He exclaimed. "I get it now! Mister Torino!" He called as he showed him the food. "This taiyaki is... me!" He exclaimed. Gran Torino looked at him in disappointment. "No, kid are you okay? Did this happen to you due to blood loss? Do you want to go to the hospital? Or maybe call help from your guardians?" Gran Torino asked him.