Chapter 49: Heroes on Training

**Earlier that day**
*Tokyo Metro-Politan area*

"To be honest, I don't like you." A man began. "Huh?" Katsuki asked. "You chose me and my office," The Best Jeanist continued. "And this is because I rank among the top five most popular heroes, did you not?" He asked.

"Um hello! You are the one who nominated me, not me. Tsk..." Katsuki muttered in annoyance.

"That is correct. Since recently, all our candidates have been nothing but good kids. It's been a while since someone like you came in." The Best Jeanist told Katsuki. "Reforming awful and dreadfully brutish people such as yourself is what heroes, like me, do everyday. You have twin sides of a hero and a villain in you. I'll show those glistening eyes of yours, what it makes people like us heroes."

"Well, I got my salery from the government so I'm techincally a civil servant at first glance but, the scheme of it all is vastly different from civil servants in any and every way." The Chivalrous Hero: Fourth Kind told his candidates. 

"Hah?!" The two exclaimed. "Why are you here?!" They asked at the same time. And when I mean they I mean Tetsutetsu and Kirishima. "Oh... just in case you have no idea, you can make two nominations... I'm not sure if you can make three though." The hero told them. "Anyway, let's talk about what specifically our practical operarions are..." He contiued.

"At root, we clamp down on crime. When the cases roll in we get requests from the police for backup. Those requests come in bundles, zone by zone." Battle Hero: Gunhead told Uraraka. "They declare our merit in cooperating on arrest, rescuing the innocent, and the other stuffs heroes usually do. Then we go through inspections by specialized agencies and get our saleries in the bank. Long story short, we work on commisions."

*The way he speaks is so cute!* Uraraka thought.

"And that's all about our jobs. In addition to that, we're also allowed to have side jobs as well." Snake Hero: Uwabami told the 2 females. "I hear of people who, in the days it was all determined by official duties, had quite some trouble. But these days you can get a big push from your popularity with civilians and how in demand you are with them." She smiled.

"Why don't you get to know each other?" She askes them. "Sorry to burst your bubble but, I want to go experience more... you know... heroic things." Kendo replied. "No!!" Yaoyorozu exclaimed. "This, too, is essential for the path we are following. So, we cannot avoid this activity if we want to be pro heroes!" She said. "Besides, she has graciously taken a look at me, who has been bereft of good points. I shall have her allow me to study under her a great deal indeed!"

"Damn girl, you're really going all out." Kendo muttered.

After a talk with Katsuki in the evening, Izuku headed for the bedroom. When he opened the door, however, "HUZZAS HUZZAS BUZZASNORK." Gran Torino's snore can be heard all over the room. "Z!! Z!!" He continued. *He's gotta be sleeping, right?!* Izuku thought. *The first day, he only looked me over, without any hero activities to speak of in the end. He only went out to get some food and fell alseep immediately.*

Izuku began to close the door. *Gran Torino... I searched for a way but hardly landed a hit ln him at all. A teacher in Yuuei for only one year... He's a man of mysteries all right.* Izuku thought. He went outside the apartment an walked towards an dead end road. "Think of it mkre flatly..." He said. "For the things that Kacchan and the rest can do natuarally like breathing and blinking... I still consciously think of 'using'."

*If I can treat 8% power as unconsciously as breathing, then nlt even moving like that would be outside my reach!* He thought. *Aizawa-sensei and Kirishima told me: If I can just master it, there are so many things I can do with it! In short, I just need to get used to it!* Izuku smiled.