Chapter 18: The Burden

Katsuki and Iida went to the nuclear core. Iida told Katsuki that he'll guard the core as Katsuki beat the heroes.

The other students watched with All Might on another room.

The heroes entered the building. "Ok, wait, hold on a sec. I didn't catch your name before. Do you mind telling me it?" The brunette asked Izuku. "Call me Midoriya, Izuku Midoriya." Izuku replied while thinking of a tactic against his friend. "Ok then, call me Uraraka, Ochaco Uraraka!" The brunette extended her arm towards Izuku. They both shook their hands.

"Ok, here's the plan Uraraka. I will create a diversion, I know Kacchan well, he's not guarding the nuclear weapon upstairs. You, you will get upstairs and get that weapon. I'll fight Kacchan. Don't worry about me, ok?" He said as he opened his eyes.

You got 1 hour Izuku. He thought. Then, Katsuki found them. He threw an explosion directly at Izuku but Izuku countered it with Fire Control. "NOW URARAKA!" He instructed the girl and Uraraka ran towards the weapon.

Katsuki tried to ran towards Uraraka. He used his quirk to travel but still no use because Izuku made a literal fire wall made out of Katsuki's explosions. The cameras can't handle that much heat so it went off. The only cameras that are still working was upstairs and some who aren't surrounded by fire downstairs.

"Sorry, Deku, this is a graded activity so I won't hold back!" Katsuki said while forming another set of explosions. "You know that your attacks don't work on me! And I won't also hold back!" Izuku smiled as he counter attacked Katsuki while burning him slightly by his fire.

Katsuki gave up using his quirk. He depended on his physical strength now. He punched Izuku on the stomach. Izuku barely managed to dodge that one. Izuku did a counter-attack by lifting him and slamming Katsuki on the gound. "You-your stronger than I expected you to be." Katsuki smiled and continued with the punches.

Meanwhile, Uraraka was told to go upstairs since that is most likely the part where the core is hiding. Since they got into the first floor so easy, it's probably at the top floor.

Izuku told this to Uraraka. "If they aren't there, you can hear that Soumei graduate talking to himself at the other levels. You can easily find them." Izuku smiled. Uraraka remembered how the plan goes.

Uraraka, following Izuku's orders, headed to the stairs and try to listen to the Soumei graduate's voice. One floor at a time, Uraraka discovered that the core was hiding at the very top floor.

Back at Izuku and Bakugo, If I can just wrap the capture tape around him... no, that can't happen. I need to visualize. Wait... aren't those... the arm gauntlets that I made for him?! If he got the idea of adding it to his costume, then I must know the use of that. To make a large explosion! Izuku smiled at his plan.

"Uraraka, do you hear me? I have a plan. If you saw that Soumei graduate boy, tell me your exact location. Understood?" Izuku talked with Uraraka with his wireless transceivers. Uraraka answered with a yes.

Izuku, trying to time his move, kept dodging Katsuki's attack. Then, Katsuki was loosing his stamina. This was Izuku's chance. He hurried to Katsuki and removed his gauntlets. "If you added my invention to your hero costume, then," Izuku continued as he took the gauntlets off. "I know what this thing is made for!" He yelled as Katsuki tried to get it back.

Izuku aimed at Katsuki. "Young Midoriya! Stop that right now! It will kill both of you!" All Might reminded Izuku. "Midoriya, we're near your place. Maybe your spot right now is perfect." Uraraka told Midoriya.

This gauntlet won't work alone, it needs my power to reach up to the last level. Izuku thought as he pointed the gauntlet to Katsuki and shot it above them.

After he did that, he punched the wind using 5 percent of his quirk to support the explotion to go up.

After that, Uraraka and the Soumei graduate were surprised. An explosion appeared right in their very eyes, followed by a strong gust of wind.

Uraraka took this chance to get to the weapon. She used her quirk to travel across and then, she successfully touched the weapon. "What the-" The Soumei graduate was surprised.

Izuku didn't handle this. He barfed out blood in front of the cameras and Katsuki noticed this. He helped Izuku out by handing him a pill he got from Izuku's hero costume that had a pocket in it.

"Deku! Faster! Drink your pills! Why did you have to do that, idiot?!" Katsuki panicked when Izuku didn't respond. "K-kacchan..." This was the last thing Izuku said before he fainted.

Every classmate of Izuku and Katsuki now knew what Izuku meant. All Might was shocked that Izuku could pull something as great as that. How did young Midoriya know the use of young Bakugo's gauntlet?! All Might questioned himself.

Izuku was rushed to the infirmary by Katsuki. "Your the fucking nurse right?! Please, Deku needs help! Heal him!" Katsuki cried as he laid Izuku on the hospital bed. "What happened? Why did he end up like this?! And... wait... why is he wearing a medical choker?!" The nurse had so many questions.

Back in the monitor room, Uraraka and the Soumei graduate stood. Katsuki was still at Izuku's side. "I never knew, those two... could be so wreckless." Uraraka can't believe what just happened.

Of course, All Might knew all about those two. Their past and their current relationship with each other. Katsuki was convinced by the old lady to get back to his classes. When Katsuki entered the room, he was crying. Of course not because that they lost. It's because he almost lost his best friend again.

"This, was his third time." Katsuki said. "He almost died for the third time now. What am I gonna say to his mother? His mother lost Deku's father and if Deku d-died... I-i don't know w-what to do..." Katsuki cried.

"First, he attempted to- what am I saying... of course none of you would understand that. Let's just say that it's all your fault for not agreeing to change teams..." Katsuki cried even more.