Chapter 20: Family

Not edited. Sorry for any typos.. lol

Mia's POV:

I hear a knock on my hotel suite door as I continue eating my dinner. Who the hell is knocking on my door at ten at night? I have a busy day tomorrow. I need all the sleep I can get.

But, I can't wait until next week when I go back home. I can see my kids and Justin again. I miss them so much.

I walk to the door and open it, happy and surprised at the three teenagers I see standing right before me. Bright wide smiles are present on all their faces, and eventually there's now one on mine.

I hold my arms out, pulling them all in for a hug. I'm happy to see them. But, why are they here?

I invite them in and we all sit on the comfy, nice couches.

"What are you guys going here? Does your father know you're here?"

"Well, now he does," Kenzie replies. 

I pause and examine all their faces. They're hiding something.

"What are you guys saying?," I ask.

They all exhange looks, making me more curious.

I chuckle. "Well, it can't be that bad. It's not like you guys run away or anything, right?"

Alex looks down, making me known that my joke was correct.

"Are you three out of your minds?! You are two fifteen and a sixteen years old, who snuck half way across the country! You should be ashamed of yourselves!"

"But, Mo-"

"Don't you 'But Mom' me! This is serious!," she shouts, cutting Alex off.

"You're all grounded for a month! The only exception is Christmas and New Year's."

Makenzie's POV:

We all groan in frustration. We should've seen that coming.

But, she doesn't get the whole story.

"This is bullshit!," Rosie shouts. All eyes are on her, us shocked that she's using foul language like that in towards Mom. Rosie is the sweet one.

I see Mom get more angry, so I roll my eyes as I make the decision to confront Mom, too. At least Rosie won't be the only one getting screamed at more than we already are by Mom. If she's yelling at two, it shouldn't be that bad.

I stand up, catching Mom's attention.

"Yeah! This is bullshit!," I agree.

Mom's eyes widen. Oh shit. Now, I really pissed her off.

She goes to start yelling, but Alex stands up.

"Fuck this! There's no way I'm gonna be able to put up with being grounded!," Alex yells.

Mom's eyes narrow, making me gulp. We're gonna get fuckin' screamed at.

"Makenzie Rose, Alexander Drew, and Rosie Elizabeth Bieber!"

My jaw drops. She just said our full names. Shit got real.

"Mom, before you start screaming, I just wanna let you know that this is all my fault."

I look over to Alex, somewhat proud of him for taking the blame. That's pretty big.

"What?," Mom says confused.

"Yeah. I was gonna run away to New York for a week alone and hope you would understand. I wanted to see Liz and tell her how I feel. I love her Mom."

Her facial expression softens as she slightly smiles at Alex's words.

"Then, Rosie and Kenzie caught me at the airport and they didn't want me to go alone. So, they came with me. If anyone should be grounded, it's me."

She takes a deep breath and glances at all of us.

"Okay. I'll make a deal with all of you. Don't ever pull a stunt like this again. You're all not grounded. This little incident showed me how much you all care for each other. You stick with each other, and I love that. That's how family should be."

Shit, Alex's speech actually worked. I'm not fuckin' complaining.

"I'm assuming your father is on his way right now. I'm surprised he didn't call me yet, but since you guys are here, you might as well look around New York. I know Rosie wants to go to NYU. We can check it out tomorrow. Alex, you can see Liz. And as for you Kenzie, just have fun. There's plenty of places and things for you to do. Go on an adventure. I have to let you go when less than two years. Maybe New York is somewhere you can start."

I nod at her suggestion. That actually sounds pretty good. A long distance relationship sounds hard, but at the rate Jake's going, I might not even be in a relationship. 

Hmm. A adventure in New York? Sounds fun.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey!!!

Sorry if I took long to update. I'm not feeling too good. I have low self esteem and no confidence in myself, so I'm trying to make myself feel better.

It sucks when I'm not even comfortable with myself...

But, you guys should because you're beautiful and perfect just the way you are. You're my baes <3

But, yeah.

Want the next chap? 30 votes and a few comments, and it's all yours! 

I love you all and keep it swaggy!

My kik: msswag15