18) Tunnels

(Y/N) POV

We arrived at the pit where the scorpions lives. Right now can't we see any scorpion, which is a good thing, but also bad because maybe they are inside the tunnels we are going into. We all step out of the van and Murray look after something to give us some light. Lantern, flashlight, anything so that we can see where we are going.

''Found them.'' Cheered Murray and come out with many flashlight for everyone to have one.

''How much do you three need? There is fifteen flashlights?'' I ask with a joking voice.

''I actually don't know why we have that many flashlight, but it comes in handy now.'' Says Murray back and gave me a flashlight, then look at the ancestors. ''Quick lesson. Just push a small button on the flashlight and you got light, or twist the top of the flashlight to turn it on.''

''Oh, a sharp light for me eye.'' Says Henriette and cover her eyes, accidently shining on her on eye. I giggle and quickly advise her to not shine herself with it. 

''Okay, let's split into the groups that turtle told os before.'' Says Slaigh, ready for action.

''Maybe wait until we are inside the tunnel.'' Says Junior, taking things nice and easy. We all go inside the tunnel and luckily isn't there any sign for the scorpions. We walk for about five minutes before reaching to the split of the tunnel. Taking the tunnel to the left is Slytunkhamen, Thaddeus, Slaigh and Otto. Taking the right tunnel is Henriette, Junior, Murray and Galleth, which make us, Rioichi, Bob, Tennessee and me to take the middle tunnel. 

''Are ya doing alright, big guy? It's quite narrow down here.'' Wondered Tennessee and look at the first Cooper.

''Bwua ba bablu.'' Says Bob. I still don't understand him at all.

''Good to hear.'' Says Tennessee, so maybe Bob is doing fine.

''How can you understand him? Is it because of family gene?'' I ask to the cowboy.

''Maybe, but Murray and Bentley can understand him just fine.'' Pointed Tennessee out and shine his light at me. He didn't my eyes at all, which is good. 

''Then maybe the problem is because I am from a another world.'' I suggested with a smile. We continue down the tunnel and see it goes down. Bob go down without a problem, the same with Rioichi. Tennessee is having little trouble, but also doing fine because he live in the wild west, where lots of tunnel existed. Me, well I am having a hard time. It was a little steep and I also have a fear for steep mountain climbing.

''Having trouble, (Y/N)-chan?'' Ask Rioichi and come back up to me. I have told him about my accident, so maybe he could already figure my fear out.

''I haven't climb in a long time.'' I said back, covering up the accident so the other two won't be curious, or more likely so that Tennessee won't be curious. 

''I help you.'' Rioichi take my hand and make me jump down to a stone right beside me. That is how it continue. Sometime he hold me down to the next rock platform, or he jump down first and catch me.

''We are at the end of our tunnel and haven't found anything.'' Informed Junior through the binocucom. 

''Our tunnel hasn't reach its end, but no sign of the diamond.'' Informed Slythunkhamen. Tennessee take his binocucom and inform the others of our situation.

''Our tunnel goes down. Still no sign of the diamond either.'' Then there is static coming from the binocucom. ''Huh, what's is going on with this thing?'' Ask Tennessee and look at me.

''Static, which mean we are losing connection with the others. We are too far bellow and far away from the others, so that is why we are losing connection with them.'' I explain as we continue down the tunnel. We soon reach the very bottom. It is so much darker down here, that we are now happy we have flashlight, but Bob accidentally broke his. He hold on it too strong.

''These stones look more older than before. I think we are closing in, to find the diamond.'' Says Tennessee and look at the rock walls. 

''Bwua budada.'' We all look at Bob, who is pointing at a crack. We all come closer to the crack and I shine my light inside of it. Something is reflecting in there.

''I think we found it.'' I cheered and look at my fellow group. ''This crack is thin, but I think I can squeeze through it.'' 

''Be careful.'' Warned Rioichi. I nodded, while taking off my backpack and squeeze through the crack. I gave Rioichi my flashlight, because I have my bracelet that can light up for me. I take it very slowly as I walk through the crack. It is tight, but I can manage it. I reach the end and ended up in a hidden cave. In front of me is the diamond, trapped in the wall. Maybe I should use one of my strong animal DNA powers, but I would also make the cave crumble. I should be careful where I hit. I touch the big blue gem and activate my hippo DNA I got from Murray. I feel my body is much more stronger, but I don't see any animal change. Apparently the hippo DNA doesn't give any animal parts, just the power of strength. 

''The diamond is stuck on the wall, so be prepared.'' I warned to the others and punch the rocks near the visible diamond. I continue like that until the diamond is fully visible and can takes out. It is just as wide as my shoulder blades, maybe bigger.

''What are ya doing in there, (Y/N)?'' Complain Tennessee from the other side.

''Sorry, but I got the diamond now.'' I look at the size of the diamond and the space through the crack. If I lift it up and move in the right place and space, then it can come through with ease. Down... Up... A little higer... Turn it a little... Down and then push.

''Dabu.'' I hear Bob and feel the diamond getting taken from me. I come out myself, a little dirty, but fine. Then I take the deactivate the DNA power and turn to normal. 

''Yeeha, good job. Now let's get out and to the others.'' Says Tennessee and start climbing up the steep way. I look up, scared to climb up.

''(Y/N)-chan, jump on my back. I will climb for you while Bob-san take care of the diamond.'' Says Rioichi to me, which makes me happy, but I need to keep an act for the other two.

''Are you sure?'' I ask and look confused at Rioichi. He nodded and I just do it without complaining more. Rioichi jumped all the way up with ease, mostly because he is a ninja. When we reach the top, let Rioichi me down, so that I can stand on my own. We arrived at the top first, when the binocucom start working again.

''Can any one answer?'' That was Murray. I take the binocucom from Tennessee and answered for us.

''We are here, Murray. Our tunnel went down, so we lost connection. But good news, we got the diamond.'' I exclaim and look back to see Bob finally come up, a little tired, and place the diamond on the ground. 

''That's great. We are all outside right now so come back here quickly.'' Inform Murray to us. We all stand up and start walking towards the exit, but suddenly start the tunnel to shake.

''What in carnation was that?'' Ask Tennessee and look around. It started again and some rocks fell from the roof. Luckily not hitting any of us.

''The tunnel is collapsing.'' Says Rioichi and take my hand. ''We have to get out, now.'' We all sprint towards the exit. Small picture of my accident pop into my mind, but I shake it off. We will make it out in time, I know it.