36) Investigation

3rd POV

The Cooper Gang found a place to camp for the night, far away from the theater. But as the ancestors, Jing King and (Y/N) is sleeping away, is the original Cooper Gang, having a private conversation. A conversation about what is their next move and how they can get the ancestors and (Y/N) home.

''I still haven't figured out why their time line is frozen.'' Stated Bentley in a low voice to not wake up the others. He is on his laptop to show Sly and Murray the saved images from the time travels and the open rift in the sky that just spit the ancestors from their time. ''Most of the ancestors came from a rift like this. A rift through time and space. And it is also what brought (Y/N) and her animals to this world.''

''Could Mirage have created a time machine, but it is faulty?'' Suggest Sly, looking at the turtle.

''She might.'' Mumble Bentley with a nod. ''But I still don't get how that could freeze the ancestors time line.''

''Not to mention, they ancestors lost something valuable to them.'' Remind Murray and point towards the loud snoring first racoon. ''Bob said something about his first egg he ever stole, was missing before we arrived.''  

''Hmm. I wonder...'' Hummed Bentley and start typing on his computer, opening his previous files for his time machine. He and Penelope though of such thing. ''Maybe it is a combination. I had predicted that there is a possible change of the time rifts, if the time machine isn't calibrating right. But maybe Mirage actually build a machine to another dimension, that had a default, which was messing with the time.''

''Or possible have both machine.'' Suggest Sly, making Bentley look up at him. ''What if, and I am just thinking out loud, that Mirage had both a time machine and a dimension machine. She must have used a time machine to collect artifact around the timeline, something that belongs to my ancestors, which is causing the time to freeze. And the rifts must come from the dimension machine, which brought (Y/N) and her animals here. The rifts, as you said, goes through time and space.''

''Hmm, that might be the cause.'' Agreed Bentley, but is still unsure if what that is the cause. ''But we need more information before we can conclude.''

''Agreed.'' Says Sly and take a look at the ancestors. They are either sleeping on the van floor or against the wall, with distance from one another, unless they are direct family line. Like Slytunkhamen and Junior, and Rioichi and Henriette. As for (Y/N), is she sleeping on Jing King, like she is one big teddy bear. The animals are right beside, sleeping in a pile. ''But if it is the case, then we probably just have to give the ancestors their stolen treasure and return them back to their time. But as for (Y/N)... am I blank.''

''Maybe send her through the dimension machine?'' Suggest Murray with a shrug.

''But that requires, that we know the exact coordinates or calculations to open the portal to the right dimension.'' Point out Bentley, also drawing blank on how to help (Y/N) get home. ''If it is possible, then there might be recorded somewhere in Mirage main computer files.''

''Then we have to find it.'' Declare Sly firmly, but keep his voice down. ''We just have to come up with a plan, that have someone hack and find those coordinates.''

''Easy said than done.'' Mumble Bentley, but still wrote it down as an objection. The three original look at each others, before looking at the young girl. She does bring a lot of mysteries, about herself and past, but she does indeed need to be happy. And that is to bring her home.

''Hajaba.'' Says an Australian koala and shows himself from behind.

''Master.'' Says Murray shocked at his appearance. The koala walk over to (Y/N) and swiftly take off her necklace.

Sly takes it to take a closer look, which really looks like his own, just tiny

Sly takes it to take a closer look, which really looks like his own, just tiny. He has seen it before, but something always comes in and take the attention away.

''Haja baba haba.'' Says the Guru with wavy fingers.

''You feel something is odd with her?'' Repeat Sly, translating the Guru's words.

''Ba. Hajaba ba ja haba.'' Continue the Guru and swing his moon stone to make some aura surround (Y/N)'s body. It starts out purple, when it changes to blue. The Guru do the same thing to the ancestors. Even they get the same blue aura, but not purple.

''The same line age.'' Hummed Bentley confused at the koalas words. ''Maybe she is a Cooper from her world. Two worlds, two Cooper families. One that is a the form of a racoon and one in the form of a human.''

''Yeah, I would believe that.'' Admit Sly with a sigh and walk over to (Y/N) to put the necklace back in place. ''It would be odd, if she is really from our world.''

''Well, she said she was an orphan.'' Remember Murray and look at Sly with a 'Thinker' position. Knuckle to his chin, thinking out loud. ''And according to what she has been told from her parents, was she found as a baby in an ancient temple, in the middle of a jungle. Which is a odd place to put a baby. Aaand, she is the chosen one to come to this world. I don't think that can't be a coincident, unless she had something related to this world.''

''That... is a good assumption, Murray.'' Commend Bentley shocked, that the brawn of the gang, actually used his brain. And in such a deep way. ''But we can't know for sure, unless we get the data Mirage has in her computer or her documents.''

''Then we take a look around and find the information we need.'' Suggest Sly, twirling his cane to show he is ready to scavenger the castle ground.

''This place is packed, Sly. The security is probably the most difficult one we have ever faced.'' Warn Bentley and show a map he took with his chopper, where there are marks almost everywhere. ''These are all the security guard, that is fast schedule and look over every single corner of this place. If we want to get inside, then we need to walk straight through the gate.''

''Which is a bad idea, I get it.'' Nodded Sly with a sigh. This might be their impossible mission. ''Then how are we gonna get info about this place, when we can't sneak around?''

''Should we get another comrade?'' Ask Murray, with a good idea.

''Someone, who Mirage might see as a companion...'' Mumble Bentley and look through the files of all the enemies they have faced. ''Mirage is targeting the Cooper family, so we need an allied who had a thing against the Cooper family... Or has encounter us.''

''No, Bentley. You don't mean we have to recruit...'' Complained Sly and look at the final image of the possible allied for the mission.

''I think it is the best way to get some intel of this place.'' Defend Bentley and start searching for some way to contact their possible allied. ''She was, and still is, a well known in the criminal who had a fight with us. Mirage will understand if she returns to criminality to get revenge on you.''

''That is true, but please rethink about this, Bentley.'' Beg Sly and point at the picture. ''You want to ask The Contessa for help?''