Chapter 32: For the First Time

Start from the beginning

How was I supposed to keep doing this?

How did I figure out the rules for this game that I felt like had changed just the in last couple of hours?

“My head hurts.” Chey suddenly groaned her hand that was not in mine raising to rub the lump under her hair line. I jerked my head up at the sound of her voice. She looked a little confused, a little disoriented, but nothing more. I would have sighed in relief but for some reason it felt like there wasn’t enough air in my lungs to do so.

“Juniper what happened?” she asked me, looking over at me with a dazed and confused expression. The nausea that I had been feeling before seemed to only increase at her questioning and the pulse in my head got louder.

“Juniper?” she asked again. Her voice seemed so soft compared to the pounding in my own head. My heart was hammering. I couldn’t breathe.

Something was wrong.

I tried to stand up and immediately fell back down to the ground, the world spinning and shaking around me.

“JUNIPER!” I sister started screaming, her voice so loud that I thought it might make my head explode. What was happening? What was happening to me?

“C-cc-call Ky-Kyrie.” I managed to gasp out, barely able to keep breathing in the process.

“Who’s Kyrie?” she asked hysterically. She didn’t even know who Kyrie and I was unable to tell her.

“ Phone. Ile. Kitchen.” I gasped before I literally felt my airways begin to constrict so tight that I started to see spots in my vision. I was dying.

Why the hell was I dying!

Hands were suddenly touching me but I couldn’t tell who they belong to.

I couldn’t see anything and I couldn’t breathe.

“Shit.” I heard a masculine voice curse right before something began pulling down my pants. It was surprising how little I cared about my ass being exposed to the world at the moment. Apparently not being able to breathe took precedence over decency.

Something jabbed into my butt and I barely registered the pain over the burning dizziness in my head and lungs.

“What are you doing to her?” I heard Cheyenne shriek.

“A potent steroid. She’s having an allergic reaction”

Kyrie? Kyrie was here? I tried to touch him but ended up having something pin me down.

“Just stay put honey, stay still” Kyrie’s voice told me. “You have to stay still.”

“I’ll hold her down you do your save the world doctor thing.” I heard another voice say before I felt the force pinning me still shift.

Red? Red was here too?

“What happened to her?” Red’s voice barked as I felt Kyrie’s hands on my face pulling my eyelids up. “Yo are you brain dead? What happened to Juniper?” she snapped again.

“She-she I don’t know. We were in the kitchen and Sean he-he…and…I….oh my god.” Cheyenne was crying, sobbing actually.

“She’s overdosed werewolf blood.” Kyrie’s cool voice interjected, his hands leaving me for a moment before something sharp bit into my arm.

Werewolf blood?

How the hell did I overdose on werewolf blood?

I never let that bastard put a drop of that shit in me, never.