Chapter 34: Screwed Up Shit Bag From Hell

A/N: Sorry that has taken me so long to update. I hope that the next update is longer and more exciting than this one (which is more of just a filler/development section). Happy reading!

Chapter 34:

“Let me look at your jaw.” Kyrie asked me, taking a step toward me and reaching out with his hands as soon as I came back into the guest bedroom from practically putting Chey into the bathtub. I raised an eyebrow at him in confusion but complied when I analyzed the worried and very doctor like expression on his face. He gently placed his hand on the hinge joint between my skull and mandible and slowly pushed my jaw open.  After about half a second a sudden pain erupted in my jaw and I jerked away from him violently.

“Oww.” I complained as I held my still throbbing jaw, tears threatening to fill my eyes. It was amazing how bad that hurt. “What they hell did you do?” I asked him in a slightly bitter tone. He held his hands up cautiously and gave me an apologetic look.

“Try to open your mouth all the way.” he suggested, slightly sidestepping my irritation at what he had done to my poor jaw bone. Nevertheless I tried to do what he asked of me and instantly realized what he had been trying to do. I couldn’t open my mouth wider than what would allow me to talk. I hadn’t even noticed it until he said something. I tried to open my mouth wider and my jaw seemed to make a grinding noise and I had to snap it shut from the pain that contorted my face.

“Jesus Christ Superstar.” I moaned, holding onto my jaw like it was about to fall off of my face. “What the hell?”

“You have ripped part of your masseter muscle. I figured you would have popped your whole jaw out of place to put enough force into biting him to draw blood.” Kyrie informed me as he crouched to reach into his bag of doctor goodies to pull out a bottle of Ibuprofen. “I would suggest you take some of these and only eat soft food until you can open your mouth well again.”

I took the bottle from him, still holding my poor mandible like a small child with a toothache.

“Speaking about food, LET’S BAKE A CAKE?” Red suddenly announced, throwing her hands up in the air like an excited five year old.

What the hell was wrong with this girl? I mean, I know acting crazy is how she copes with life but her sudden mood changes and randomness were starting to make me think she wasn’t just acting like a crazy person anymore.

While I just stared at her with surprise and worry written across my face, Kyrie just sighed and shrugged his shoulders.

“Let me go see if Sean has any cake mix.” Kyrie replied as he moved to zip up his bag. My mouth practically fell open as he walked out of the room to go to the kitchen with Red hot on his heels. I stood there for a few moments before I followed them only one thought being able to make it through the spinning gears of my mind from seeing Kyrie’s apparent compliance to Red’s insanity.

She had finally broken him.

                                                                                       ****

“Carlos told me that he wanted us to make two large sheet cakes, for what I have no idea.” Kyrie informed me as he grabbed the boxed cake mix out of the cabinet. Apparently my expression had been so dumfounded as I followed the odd pair into the kitchen that Kyrie felt the need to explain himself. “Sasha said she would bring the icing and escort Carlos over around 3:00.”

Ok. That made a lot more sense than Kyrie actually doing anything that Red told him to do.

But what the hell was the cake for?