Chapter 23

A Few Days Later - Ashley's POV

"Alright." Snape says walking into the Slytherin common room and us Slytherin look at him. "The Yule Ball is coming up and I expect you to be in your best behavior, Ashley." Snape says to us and I raise an eyebrow.

"A ball? Oh please." I say rolling my eyes and he looks at me, particularly annoyed.

"Now, we are gonna practice ballroom dancing, for the Yule Ball." Snape snaps at us and I snort and rest my chin on my hand and continue reading. "Ashley, why don't you partner up with Draco and show us how its done since you seem so confident."

"Does she know how to dance?" Avery asks Ally who shrugs.

"Fine." I say and get up and Draco looks surprised, but he smirks as we stand in a clear space.

Snape starts some classical music and Draco bows while I regrettably curtsey.

I put my right hand on his shoulder while he puts one hand on my wait and our other hands meet in mid air and we dance without stepping on each others feet.

"Nice moves Ashley." Draco compliments with a smirk.

"Your not bad yourself." I say to him and once the music ends, Draco bows while I curtsey again and I sit back down.

"How? What?" Ally and Avery asks shocked and I raise an eyebrow.

"Well done Ashley, Draco." Snape says genuinely surprised.

"We both learned at an academy together." Draco says to him with a smirk while I shrug and continue reading while everyone else learns how to dance.

"Shit, if I knew that there was gonna be a ball, I would have gotten a dress before school started." I say and Draco nods. "Now I need to go to Hogsmede, Professor, when is out next trip to Hogsmede?" I ask Snape.

"In a week." He says blandly and I nod.

"Alright." I say and go back to reading.

A week later

I walk through the shops at Hogsmede with Hermione, the both of us looking for dresses.

"Let's find yours first Hermione, that way I can start forming an idea of what to do with your hair and makeup." I say to her and she nods.

"Thanks for helping me Ashley." Hermione says to me and I smile at her.

"No problem." I say to her and we find a dress shop.

We walk inside and we look around and I have Hermione try on a few dresses before she finds one she likes.

I nod to this one and she smiles.

"Thanks Ashley." Hermione says to me and I nod.

"No problem Hermione." I say to her and she helps me find a dress which is a emerald green evening gown and I already know which accessories to use with this.

I pay for our gowns and we go to different shops and I get my tropical vanilla and cherimoya perfume and we head back to Hogwarts.

"Ashley, have you been asked to the ball yet?" Hermione asks me and I nod.

"I've had about a dozen invites." I say to her and she nods. "What about you?" I ask her.

"Yeah, Viktor Krum asked me." Hermione says to me and I frown.

"Well then, I guess we just have to make Ron jealous, don't we?" I ask her and she looks at me and sighs and nods.

"Who did you say yes to going with?" Hermione asks me.