Chapter 8

A Week or So Later - Ashley's POV

"Guys!" Avery calls running over to me and Ally who are talking with Hermione.

"Avery?" I ask confused as she slides in front of us to a stop.

"The letter arrived." She says to me and Ally grinning.

I look at Ally who looks at me and we look at Avery while Hermione is confused.

"If you'll excuse us Hermione, I'm really sorry, but this is dormmate matters and she has a very urgent problem that me and Ally are solving right now." I say to her with an apologetic smile.

"If you told me I could help." Hermione says to me.

"Its alright Hermione, I'm capable of handling it, after all, you, me and the Ravenclaws all got a 100 on the exam last year." I say to her and she nods.

"Alright, but come to me if you need help." Hermione says to me and I nod.

"Ok, see you later Hermione." I say to her and she nods.

Me, Ally and Avery head to our dorm room.

"Alright, let me see the letter." I say to her and she nods and hands it to me.

I sit down and open the letter.

Remus's Letter:

To Ashley Hofstetter

    Your a curious girl, you remind me of an old friend, he never could ask directly and if he did, he felt awful. As for the predicament of your friend, I take a potion every full moon and I stay out of sight of the moon. Go to aisle 4, bookshelf 5, shelf 3, the book of potions, go to page 211, you'll find instructions and a list of ingredients. Do write to me again, telling about your progress.
                   Sealed by Remus Lupin

"Bloody hell." I mutter and I hand the letter to Ally as I get up.

"You've been around Ron too much." Ally says to me.

"Just read the letter, and find that book for me, I can smell trouble brewing." I say and Ally shakes her head but takes the letter.

I head to the courtyard and I see the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams coming out and I cross my arms while biting one of my fingernails.

"Ashley, what is happening?" Ron asks me.

"No idea, but I smelled trouble brewing and I came." I say to him and Ron nods.

"You have the nose of a blood hound then, your right, there is trouble." Hermione says next to me.

"Should I intervene before it gets too out of hand? Or Draco opens his big mouth?" I ask them.

"I don't think you should intervene." Hermione says to me.

"Alright. I'll intervene." Ron says and Hermione stops him by intervening first.

Things get out of hand when Draco calls Hermione a Mudblood.

I walk between the two. "Alright Draco, that's too far." I say to him and he smirks at me.

"What? Defending another house halfblood?" Draco asks me.

I slap him across the face and he falls. "You've been asking for that for years now, its finally time I put you in your place, but I won't, its against the rules, but, if you call Hermione a Mudblood again and if you call me anything else, but my name, I will send you to the atmosphere, or, should I tell my Mommy like you would tell your father about this?" I ask him and he glares at me as he gets up.