12

Camping. Oh, god. Camping.

When my mom was still around, we had plans to go but evidentally, we never actually went. My dad was too 'city' for that kind of stuff.

Natsu was all too excited one day when he came back from the guild.

"We should go camping!"

Of course, I was a little reluctant to the idea. I've never been, and besides, I've never really been a big fan of flies and spiders and mosquitoes.

"Natsu," I sighed. "I don't think so."

He groaned. "I already told them yes. We gotta go."

"Who?"

"Gray and... that girl." He said, waving his hand dismissively. "Your friend."

I rolled my eyes and turned back to my book.

"Is that a yes? I'm going to take it as one. I'll get the supplies!"

Natsu was out of there quicker than he and Happy could eat a rotisserie chicken dinner. He came back into the living room with a tent and assorted other things, like bags, and inflatable mattresses.

I stood up, heading upstairs to prepare my bag.

A few shirts and shorts would be necessary. Bathing suits, combs, sneakers, etc.

"Natsu?" I called out. "Should I pack some water bottles and food?"

"Uh, no. I've got it."

The next day, Natsu woke me up earlier than the sun. I groaned, swatting him away, but he pulled the covers off me so I had to get up.

Holly and Gray were already waiting downstairs when I had gotten out of my shower. They looked a little tired, but Holly was sharing some tea in her thermos with Gray to wake him up.

Natsu came thundering down the stairs with such energy that he almost fell down them. "Everyone ready?" He asked, breathing heavily.

I put my hands on his shoulders. "Let's take a quick breather before we leave." I suggested.

"Yeah," Natsu panted. "Gimme a few minutes."

Holly and Gray gathered their supplies and loaded them onto their backpacks while Natsu consumed an apple within a few bites.

And so I said goodbye to my quaint little house for a few days, and said hello to my new one deep in the woods beside a little lake.

Natsu propped up the tent fast, in competition with Gray, who struggled with it until Holly came to help him. I snickered as Gray pouted in response to her putting the tent up on first try, and Gray threw a frozen ice ball at me.

Natsu jumped in and burned it, his eyes shooting daggers at Gray.

I hid behind a tree and changed into my bathing suit with Holly while Gray and Natsu took turns cannonballing into the water.

The lavendar dotted material fit snug to my hips and chest, comfortably. I turned to face Holly, who was in a white and green one piece with a leaf pattern on it.

"Cute." I said, motioning to the pattern.

She walked out back into the tent area and lay on a chair, sliding on some sunglasses.

"You're not going to swim?" I asked, pushing my clothes into my bag.

"Nah," She mumbled. "I'm a little pastey lately."

I shrugged, walking over to the small beach next to the water. When I walked across the dock to the guys, Natsu turned around and stared.

He smiled at me, combing his wet hair back with his fingers.

I blushed.

"Are you coming in?" He asked, swimming up to the dock and pulling himself up.

I touched my toe to the water and pulled it back, shaking the water off. "It's a little chilly." I said.

"Oh..." Natsu mumbled. "I guess you won't mind if I... help out?"

Before I could ask what he was talking about, he had already swept me off my feet and over his shoulder.

"Natsu. Natsu!!" I yelled, kicking my legs around. "Don't throw me too hard!"

"I can't hear you!" He shouted, running faster and faster to the end of the dock.

Gray was still in the water, watching intently with a sly smirk.

I screamed as Natsu chucked me with full force into the water right where Gray was. The water around me blasted us into the air, where Gray and I were intertwined.

"Hey! Ice-brain!" Natsu shouted. "Don't you dare try to cop a feel!"

We fell back down into the lake with a hard slap. Natsu jumped in after us and pulled me out of the water.

I punched his shoulder with as much force as I could muster, which really wasn't a lot. "You-!"

He chuckled, pulling me into a kiss.

I sighed. I couldn't stay mad when he did that.

I pulled away and looked up at his smiling face, where the sun was lightening every one of his features.

His hair was a soft pink, his onyx eyes sparking from the water's reflection.

"You're beautiful, Violet." He whispered.