11

"I have a question for you. Would you... ever wear pigtails?"

"Ugh." I groaned. "I think you know the answer."

Obviously, the first person that came to mind was Lucy. Her sleek, blonde hair was always tied back in two girlish pigtails or in a side-pony.

I prefered to let my hair down, and I tied it back when necessary. Sure, my everyday outfits accentuated the rest of my appearence, but my hair just wasn't the biggest focus of my head.

Natsu smirked. "I think you'd look adorable." He mumbled, pushing a strand of hair behind my ear.

I rolled my eyes and dug my feet into the sand. At this point, the beach was practically our go-to spot. Natsu reached behind him and grabbed a tall, red vase.

"Ah..." I said, taking it from Natsu and looking at it. "She let you make the tall vase."

"Yeah." He giggled. "What did you make?"

"It's nothing, just a small decoration."

He put his arm around my shoulder, and then reached past me to grab my small piece of clay.

I made a simple bowl, painted an off-white color and adorned with little yellow sunflowers. They were my favorite.

Natsu blushed and smiled at me, looking between the bowl and I. "It's... nice."

"Is that good or bad?"

"No! No, it's amazing. Wow, it's so smooth too."

"Yeah," I frowned. "Why is your piece so rough?"

His vase was tall and slender, but it was also scratched up and it pretty much looked like he had dragged it down the road.

"I did that on purpose." Natsu laughed. "Holly told me not to but I did anyway."

"Too bad she has that policy where all the pieces are fired no matter what."

He put his vase in the sand and filled it with seawater. I scoffed.

"Natsu, we could use that vase. For... flowers and stuff."

He sighed. "That's why there's a hole in the bottom."

I rolled my eyes and let the water run out the bottom of it before tucking it away behind me. "We bought the plant this morning."

He stood up and grabbed his shoes.

"Oh, is it time to go?" I asked looking down at the watch on my wrist. It was getting late...

"I want to get the plant in the vase before we forget." Natsu said.

"It's like we have a child." I joked.

Natsu shuddered, grabbing our creations and brushing off the loose dirt.

"Hey..." I laughed. "Rude."

(Sorry for the short chapter, the next will be longer)