9

"What?" Natsu said. "You and Holly broke into Lucy's house yesterday?"

"Well, yeah, but that's not the worst part." I explained.

Natsu had an ok time with Gray yesterday. Not too fun, but not too awful either. They just sat on the couch and read magazine articles about the damage they caused. (Natsu keeps a secret shelf in the closet with all of them)

And so, to "cheer him up" from his relatively boring day yesterday, I told him about what I did.

Natsu shifted in his chair between sitting positions and squinted at me, confused. "Wait wait. Back up. Let's break this down."

"Okay."

"So... So you jumped the fence, and opened the door, walked in, picked the lock on her door, and found a scrapbook full of pictures of me?"

"Uh... Yeah. The pretty much sums it up." I nodded.

He licked his lips and crossed his legs. "Uh... Wait. Okay. One more time."

I groaned. "Natsu, it's not that hard to process."

"Did she catch you?" He asked.

"Well, kinda," I said. "She didn't see who it was but she saw someone was in her house."

He rubbed his temples and sighed. "Why did you do that?"

"She broke into our house, so, I mean..."

"What?" He asked, voice raising. "She did what?"

"Hid in our closet." I said. "Come on Natsu, get with it."

"You only told me about the part where she said I was cheating, not the part where she was hiding in our house."

"Yep."

"I... think we should stage an intervention or something."

I shrugged. "Next time I catch her I'll just... call the cops?"

There was a soft rustle in the closet and Natsu's eyes widened. "Oh, right." He whispered.

'LUCY IS IN THERE' He mouthed to me.

I nodded. 'I alerted the police.' I mouthed back.

Natsu sheepishly rubbed his neck. "So uh... Definitely no Lucy in the house right now?"

"Smooth." I whispered.

Just then, our front door burst open and the cops barged into my house.

I pointed to the closet and they pulled it open fast. Lucy looked shocked. "How did you know I was in here?!"

"Intuition?" I said. "Maybe it's because you're always in the same spot."

"Damn." She mumbled. "Wait! They broke into my house. I've never been here before! I don't know them!"

The officers dragged her out of the house and down the dirty road as Natsu and I watched through the window.

"Good riddance." He said, smiling at me.

I blushed and turned to look into his eyes.

"Looks like we..." Natsu said, lowering his voice to a husky tone, "Have the whole house to ourselves."

I giggled as Natsu's hand caressed my shoulder. "You're funny."

He stood up and dropped down on the couch, defeated. "Come ooonnn....." He sighed.

"Natsu," I said.

He sat up fast, likely mistaking my tone for me changing my mind.

"I'm not ready yet."

"When?"

I shrugged. "Later."