We Hate Eachother!

Lucy woke up with a start as she jolted up from her not so peaceful slumber in a cold sweat. She held her chest, frantically trying to catch her breath. She looked around the room and sighed when she confirmed her surroundings. She spotted Plue, still sound asleep next to her.

What was that?, she thought. What was I dreaming about? Or was it a nightmare? Why can't I ever remember?!? She sighed frustratedly before getting up from her bed, and walked towards the bathroom to take a nice bath. Once she was finished, she contemplated on what to wear for the day. When she finally decided, she grabbed her keys and set Plue's breakfast on the kitchen counter before exiting the apartment and locking the door.

Once she got to the guild Fairy Tail, she opened the doors and headed straight to the bar, where Mirajane and bKinana, the bartenders were serving people.

"Hey Mira." Lucy called.

"Oh hello there Lucy," Mira started. "What can I get for ya today?"

"Could I please have a milkshake? Strawberry please." Lucy yawned.

"Coming right up!" Mira left to go get her milkshake. At that time a shirt girl with messy blue hair in a headband came up to her. "Hey Lu-Chan!" The girl called.

"Hey Levy-chan." Lucy replied. "What's that you got there?"

"Oh!" Levy set the book she was holding down on the table. It was rather large and caused the table to vibrate as dust rose from it. "I found this on the top shelf of the library."

"Really? How'd you get it down?" Levy contemplated on whether she should tell her how she nearly fell several times just to get the book, but decided against it.

"T-that's not important right now. What we really need to talk about is this book."

"What's it about?"

"It's about rare magical creatures. I've heard of most of them, but one in particular was especially cool." She flipped to the very last page of the book. She pointed at a picture. "See this here? It's called a 'Nicola'. Lucy froze and let out a small gulp.

"Let me see." Lucy leaned in to confirm that it was indeed, a Nicola, one very similar to Plue in fact.

"It's just so cute! And look, they're apparently other-worldly creatures too! Oh, how I wish I had one!" Levy squealed in delight at her own childish fantasies. "But I wish I knew where they come from. The rest of the pages were ripped out, and I'm sure it had it's location there too. All I know is that this other word stars with 'Ai', but that's about it."

"I actually have a Nicola."

"Haha, very funny Lu."

"No, seriously. His name's Plue." Levy rolled her eyes, but was still intrigued by it.

"Then why have I never seen it?"

"I just don't bring him to the guild since he'd rather be left alone with my fridge all day."

"Mhhhmm. Sure Lucy. I'll bet you 10,000 jewels you don't have one."

"Deal. I'll bring him tomorrow."

"I can't wait." Levy said sarcastically. She doubted her best friend had such a rare creature that has never even been heard of.

Suddenly, two hands slammed down on the spot next to Lucy, causing her to jump, and nearly fall off her chair. She turned her head to see someone she absolutely hated and despised. Natsu, she thought venomously.

"Oi, Mira!" He started. "Get me some breakfast food!"

"On my way way!" She shouted back before going to get some bacon and eggs.