South American Reconnaissance

I sat in the crowd holding a beer for Will and I watched as he walked out with his brother.

"Still beautiful as ever AJ." I turned smiling at Redfly.

"Hey Cap, how are you?" I asked hugging him

"You know we are retired right. You don't gotta call me that."

"Eh." I said smiling as Will walked up and I handed him his drink.

"So, what's the verdict?" Will asked as we all glanced at Redfly. Part of me honestly wished he said no and I'm not really sure why.

"I'm down for the recce but that's it. Recce, no live fire."

"That's alright."

"Okay." He said as Will looked at me and I nodded. He sure as shit wasn't going without me.

"Fish?" I questioned nudging him

"When do we leave?"

"We leave Thursday." Pope responded. "We got bullshit passports we enter as power line consultants. Once we enter they don't have any facial recognition yet so we're ghosts."

"Okay."

A FEW DAYS LATER

I lay cramped in the back with Benny and Will, my head on his shoulder as Santiago drove to where we needed to be. As we arrived I tossed on what I needed and turned as Will handed me a gun.

"Whatever the plan is, she's with me." Will said as I finished tying my hair back with a bandana. The guys smiled at him because ever since the mission where I was abducted he never let me out of his sight. I trudged with Will through the jungle letting him lead the way, the uneasy feeling I had intensifying making me swallow it down.

"What's this guy got against banks? Least it's safe."

"The house is the safe." Pope replied over comms.

"I'm at the gate." Benny said. "Looks like it was done 85 percent right. They got all the toys out here but the cameras aren't even pointed at the weakest point."

"Your girlfriend still doing her regular money drop?" Redfly asked Pope.

"Yeah, she's prepared to film the inside of the house."

"Pope, I got kids over here. Does he have kids living here with him, because that makes shit a whole lot more complicated."

"Family isn't the problem, they are the answer."

"Why?"

"Church. Lorea is very devout. Every Sunday morning he sends three guards to the 6 am service. When they get back he sends the rest of the team, along with his family into town to mass. That leaves him and three guards and that's our window."

"Why would he do that?" Will asked quietly.

"Worried about someone taking his kids, and he never leaves his money,"

"That and I don't think he thinks anyone has the balls to actually come out here and rob him." I said as Will glanced behind him at me. "I'm good baby." I said softly before he turned back around.

"Probably because it's a stupid idea." He responded. I lowered my gun as we got close to somewhere and I heard a noise, but did what Will said. "God damn." He muttered. Walking up to him he pulled me closer and I saw what he was looking at. "I got an execution about to go down over here." He said into his radio

"Are you at the tennis courts?"

"Yeah." I couldn't help the flinch that went through me as I heard the gun. Turning my head into Will, him holding my hand.

"Benny, I got two guys coming towards you on bikes." Fish said. I looked at Will and nodded my head as we hauled ass to where we could help. We separated hiding out and aiming our weapons.

"I'm clear, there coming back to you."

"Let's get the fuck out of here." Will said. We made our way back and the entire time I kept looking behind us. Will touching my leg got me out of my daze.

"I'm good, just kinda different after a while." He nodded as he rubbed my leg.