Cold Camp

"Did you pay for the damage?" Will asked Redfly as we walked. I know he was referring to Tom killing a few of the townspeople back in the village.

"Yeah."

"How much?"

"Two hundred for the animals, a million for the families." Will stopped looking at him.

"Which one of you shot first?" He asked.

"I don't know." Will sighed glancing at me as he petting the donkey. I didn't believe it either, I was tired, scared as hell and ready to get the hell home. Something I can tell he wanted too.

"We need to watch ourselves here." He said looking up at me. For the first time in a long time, I saw my confident husband not only questioning himself but scared; and it killed me.

"Yeah, we do." Pope said.

"What the hell does that mean?" I heard Tom say as Will walked up forward.

"How's the side?" I asked.

"Could be better for sure, long as it doesn't get infected I should be good. Can you change it next stop?"

"Yeah."

"You two okay?"

"Back hurts but we're okay." It eventually started raining again like crazy causing us to stop and take cover in the mountains. I took the opportunity to change Will's bandage. He hissed cursing in pain as I applied disinfectant to it.

"How far have we gone?" Benny asked as Will nudged me, as I looked up he had an MRE out and waiting for me to eat. I leaned forward taking a bite before going back to wrapping his wound. it looked bad but not that bad, all the shit we were doing it kept opening up but somehow wasn't infected.

"About 12 clicks." We had walked a little over 7 and a half miles. Well they did, I mostly had to ride. As I was done I leaned on the rocks by Will taking the other MRE he had out. It wasn't the best-tasting thing in fact most of them were gross but it was better than starving. "To get to the boat it's another day and a half, maybe two." I looked at Will with wide eyes, could either of us really make that, I had better luck than him. Sensing my worry Will grabbed my hand putting the other on my face.

"I promise you I will get both of you home."

"Three, three of us. I'm not leaving without you."

"Fire would be righteous." Benny said. "Especially her." He said nodding to me.

"Lorea's guys will be on our tail, we cold camp." Tom said shutting it down. I felt Will and Benny slide closer to me Will putting his arm around me as they tried to keep me warm.

"We're dancing with the devil now." Benny said

"Now?" Frankie asked looking at him. "We're were dancing when we got on the plane to come down here. I would call this full intercourse."

"I've heard enough about intercourse this entire trip to last me a lifetime, let's not say that word." Benny said making us laugh as he clearly joked about his brother and me.

"Yeah, no wonder she's knocked up Will. You can't keep it in your pants."

"If she was your wife would you spend every chance you could ravishing her or not." Will said looking at them as he pulled his jacket tighter around his body trying to keep us warm.

"How ya doing bud?" Benny asked Will.

"Golden." He replied groaning in pain.

"Here." We both looked at Benny as Will took the mango out of his hand.

"Thanks." I said

"You're a good man Benny." Will said handing it to me. I took his knife cutting it open. "We're a dying breed boys."

"No, we're not." Benny said

"The world's always going to need somebody to go door to door to hold the line."

"Cops go door to door and hold the line he replied wrapping his arms around me. I held up the mango watching as his plump lips wrapped around the fruit as he bit of a section. The action looking was sexier than it ever should have or he ever meant to. "We were warriors."

"Well, it's hard to remember that sometimes."

"Yeah, it is." Fish replied agreeing with him

"What are you talking about?"

"I was too quick on the trigger. You know it, and I know it. I killed those people." He said talking about the village. If we hadn't had landed there it wouldn't have happened.

"No, you aren't." I said looking to him. "We all did." I let my eyes drift closed as I listened to the steady beating of Will's heart.

Delta Force Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें