Chapter 3   Mystery and Detention

Afterwards, she started walking back to the band room, and darn was she fast. I once again had to nearly run just to keep up. That's when a monstrous ruckus started up right outside the cafeteria walls. I glanced at the window pane door that lead to an outside dining area, only to see several pairs of titan legs. A weird snapping sound came from nowhere, as did Violet. I looked up to see one of the overhead lights about to fall right on top of my head. I ducked and covered, then I heard a strange smacking sound, like someone hit the light with a limp arm. I looked up and saw Violet walking away, so I looked around and saw the light had missed me entirely. Again I ran to catch up with Violet, only to learn that she smacked the light with her own right arm, it was severely bruised to the point where the afflicted area was black.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"Yeah, you?"

"Yes, thanks to you."

"Don't mention it."

It was like she wanted to hide all emotions, or something. We arrived at the band room to see all the guys just standing there with a look of pure shock. I had to break the ice, again.

"What's up guys?" Violet beat me to it.

Now it was my turn to be shocked, and her turn to receive the glares.

"Do you even listen to yourself?" Christopher demanded, "Just a little earlier you snapped on Alex because he asked that. Now you think you can?!?"

"Hey." I started, trying to defend Violet, "She was only trying to break the ice."

"Wa-pow!" Chase exclaimed, pretending to crack a whip, "Pow! Pow! You got told, son!"

Somehow mason, Jackson, and Daniel had absolutely nothing to say, yet. They were eyeing the garden hose in Violet's hand, and the massive bruise on her arm.

"What's with the hose?" Mason questioned.

"It will serve as a fail safe so I don't get stuck in whatever world we conjure up." She answered.

"What!?" I shouted.

"My ear." She said, "And yes."

"No!" I argued.

"Let's hear her out." Daniel agreed mockingly.

"After all," Jackson commented, "We have no other ideas."

Christopher looked ready to pounce on that, but thankfully he refrained from it. Instead, he pointed to Violet's bruise.

"What's with that?" He asked with mock concern.

She looked at her arm and began poking at the affliction, like it didn't hurt.

"Oh look," Violet said, "I've a bruise. Now how did you get here?"

"Don't you remember?" Daniel asked.

"When you smacked the light from over Alex's head?" Jackson added.

"Oh!" She realized, "Okay. Yeah, that makes sense."

"How do you not remember?" I questioned.

"Well..." Violet started.

She was cut off by a rather loud bout of stomping and other such ruckus right out side the walls. Never mind I guess, Violet dashed back into the storage room. We followed, and came in just in time to see her collapse in front of a strange symbol on the ground. There was however, a portal on the wall right in front of her. Violet got up shakily and seemed ready to collapse again.

"What's that?" Daniel implored.

"Hopefully a way out of this mess." Jackson stated.