A Simple Melody ♬ Epilogue

Start from the beginning

          The priest began saying his speech and lines for the vowels, but I was too distracted by Train's striking appearance to hear him word by word. The only thing that I really paid attention to was when Train said his 'I do', and then it was my turn.

          "And do you, Destiny Lockheart, take Train Tanner as your husband?"

          Instead of just saying the two words, I found myself grinning ridiculously first. This is just too good to be true, and I know Train could read my thoughts off my face.

          "I do." I said almost too joyously, but is there such thing as too joyously on your once in a lifetime wedding day? I thought I heard Sebastian squirm like how he normally would do when he anticipates for a long time.

          "You may now kiss the bride."

          And that's what happened. The minute our lips touched, I swear the guys (and Scarlett) were the first to leave their seats followed by Sophie and Sophia, giving hoots and celebrating like there was no tomorrow (but there better be, because I just got married). Besides the blaring music from the organ, I thought I heard Mom and Dad crying in the background, and David handing them boxes of tissues like he was so prepared.

          I finally got the chance to grin like a dork.

          "You look beautiful, as always." Train said before taking my hand and leading me away from where we stood. Colourful flower petals were thrown at us when we walked down the aisle the second time.

          "I'm gonna cry." Sebastian sobbed emotionally and David arrives on cue.

         "Here, help yourself." David said and hands him the tissues. "Congratulations sis, and my brother in law!"

          "Who knew that the guy who borrowed your shirt would be the one holding your sister's hand?" Train added.

          "Yeah." David sighs with a smile before moving on to distribute tissues to my other crying relatives.

          I couldn't ask for a better wedding, but when Sophie and Sophia along with Mitch took the stage while dedicating a song for us, I just knew that it wasn't over, at least, not yet.

          "One last dance for today?" Train extended his hand in the most gentleman-like way and I gladly took it. I kicked off my white strap heels and walked barefoot together with him onto the sand.

          I wasn't aware of the crowd naturally circling around us, watching us dancing under the changing weather. I don't know how people would normally react when there's unpredicted rain during the celebration, but that didn't stop the bright sky from shining, or Sophie and Sophia from singing, and so that didn't stop us from dancing in the rain as well.

          "Oops." I laughed.

          "Not yet." He smiled. "I wasn't planning for that to happen."

          He was right. Nothing has been going as planned at all since the day I met Train. I didn't plan to fail the audition, but I'm glad I did, because otherwise Train and I wouldn't have met. It was too surprising the minute Ms Vanity set the two of us up as partners, it was crazy that Train likes tea, and of all tea, the one in Kimchee Corner. I was planning to leave the restaurant but Meg insisted that I should sit down with him, although she literally forced me into my seat, but I couldn't be happier with that, because otherwise we'd never be who we are today. 

          I didn't plan on being in Heartbeat, not after considering the history of old Gigi Price in it, but I said yes, although I wanted to hit myself for doing that the next, I couldn't have said a better answer. I didn't plan on going to the International Competition after failing, but fate brought us there, and if we were never there, where would Tristan be now?

          Of course, those were the good memories in Dream Arts, and now that we're grown up and have the same career in Heartbeat, I know things will be crazier in a matter of time.

          Those were the little things that lead up to this moment.

          Suddenly I found myself looking deep into Train's eyes, and I didn't know who initiated it, but I definitely didn't know that we'd kiss the second time on this very same spot. I didn't see it coming.

          "Did you plan for that to happen?" I asked, completely ignoring my now soaked wedding dress that has brought some weight.

          He shook his head calmly. "No."

          I smiled and said nothing, and it was then when I was reminded of a scene, a memory, something that happened six years ago under the very same circumstances.

          I licked my lips and chuckled. "Your lips taste like rainwater."

          I saw the memory replay in his mind before he licked his lips, smiled the sweetest smile and said: "And yours don't differ."

                                                                                    The End.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated A/N (7th January 2016)

Hey guys. If you're reading this, it probably means that you have finished reading A Simple Melody. When ASM first started, I never would have imagined it to have gone this far. The fact that it received this many responses from you guys really keeps me going on days when I felt I couldn't anymore. Thank you for your unending support and encouragement, I hope you know that it has and always will mean a lot to me, and I will never forget the people and feeling from writing on wattpad :)

ASM was written in 2012, born from the innocent fantasies of a 16 year-old who enjoyed story-telling. 4 years later today, I cannot deny that this part of me, the part that just wants to share a story regardless of the number of views, votes or messages is still passionately breathing. If you enjoyed ASM as much as I enjoyed writing it, please pay Sweet Epiphany a visit, a story that I've been working on for a while and am more than excited to share it with you all :D

As usual, your support and love will always be remembered and appreciated. Thank you once again, and I hope to hear from you in the future ;) May Des and Train exist in our fantasies as we bring this chapter to a close.

Have a wattpad day! <3

With Love,

imperfectdreamer