A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Eleven - Sticky Notes

Hey guys :)

SOOO....hmm well, nothing much to say today. If you're reading this, you're awesome, and I love you :) That's it xD

Thanks for reading!

imperfectdreamer. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Train's P.O.V-

I woke up and dragged myself across the creaking wooden floors. Weekends have got to be the longest days of my life.

          I made my way towards the kitchen and grabbed a random edible food and chewed it. It took me a couple of bites to realize that I'm eating raw carrots. Well, it's not my fault that I'm in such a haze in the morning. I stood by the windows and stared straight ahead, watching the busy street teem with cars.

          That's how life is all the time, packed, busy, no room for breathing.

          People think that I have an ordinary life with an ordinary family. How much I wish that were to be true.

          I reached for the old photo frame sitting delicately on the coffee table right beside the windows. Each day I could see the picture fading, turning shades lighter, but despite all that I could still see him, I could still see his face. I remember him, and I cared about him, he was my brother, and still is in fact, but he's gone now.

          The memories of it started to flood my mind again.

          I was sitting on the floor with my little brother Tristan by my side. I watched intently as he picks up his pencil and started drawing random pictures of things, things that up till today I still couldn't figure out. With every stroke on the paper I would encourage him, and he would stop to give me one of his chubby smiles. That smile back then was the reason why I looked forward to coming home.

          My parents. Even mentioning them is hard.

          On that particular day I remember my parents walking in with cheery faces, exclaiming the good news of Tristan's enrolment for kindergarten. They took him by the hand and drove him to his new school as I stayed back at home to finish up my homework. We promised to celebrate with Tristan after that.

          The ticking sound of the clock was unusually louder that day. The clock strikes ten at night. I remember how long I waited for my family to come back, but they never did...and they never will.

          Hours later a couple of police officers stood in front of the door with scary faces. The first one was the one who broke the news. My parents were in a car accident, and they didn't make it. Little Tristan was nowhere to be found.

          I never got to see them ever again.

          I breathed in heavily and squeezed my eyes shut, fighting back the tears that were once allowed to flow freely. I was seven when that happened, and a seven year-old could cry all they want, but not when you're eighteen.

          With trembling hands I placed the frame back onto it's original place. I don't even want to mention about the funeral.

          I couldn't understand why, of all people, it had to be me who was left behind. Why did the world have to take my family away from me? Why can't it be when I'm older, and not when I'm a kid without a clue of the cruel reality?

          My brother who was claimed to be dead was never found after the incident. There was no sign of him. How dare they say he's gone without any proof that he is? Maybe Tristan is still out there today?

          If he is...I wonder if he'll remember me?

                                                *        *        *

-Destiny's P.O.V-

I hugged my keyboard close towards my chest, trying my best to avoid sending another person to the infirmary. I stood in front of my oversized locker that I've never used before and sigh slightly. Even though it was oversized, my keyboard is still too big to be thrown in there.

          I rummaged in my bag to search for my tiny notepad. I'm sure that I've copied down the locker code somewhere...

          As I was about to unlock my locker, a tiny little sticky note stuck on the locker beside mine stole my attention. Huh, interesting, seems like somebody left a little love note behind. Whoever this locker belongs to, that person must be good-looking.

          I opened my locker door and flung my unneeded books and papers into it. Feeling the presence of someone standing beside me, I averted my eyes from my locker to take a glimpse of him, due to curiosity, of course.

          "Train!" I exclaimed, giving myself a fright. He stood there stolidly and looked at me for a while without saying a word.

          "This isn't from you right?" he held up the sticky note and I stared at it.

          "What, no it isn't." I blurted a little too quickly.

          "Okay, don't have to look so startled." He smiled wryly and unlocked the locker door.

          "Oh, this is your locker?" I stared.

          "I think so." He shrugged. "If it isn't then it seems like I may've broken into one."

          "Uh-huh." I smiled at how corny that remark was. "So, was that a love note?"

          He slammed his locker shut and smiled at me.

          "It's nothing." He said finally.

          "Hey T, yo!" Mitch interrupted and draped his hand around Train's shoulder. "Hi Des."

          "Hello." I waved slightly, keeping an eye on the keyboard.

          "So I see you two getting along." He prodded Train's shoulder. "I told you he isn't that quiet."

          "How's you and Scarlett?" Train teased.

          "Who is Scarlett?" Mitch pretended.

          "Oh, speaking of Scarlett, there she is now." I pointed. There was no need for me to try to get her attention since she was already making her way towards us. It's at times like these when I wonder if she's coming to talk to me or just coming for Mitch. I'm guessing Mitch.

          "Hi Des!" she approached with a side hug. "Oh what a coincidence, you guys are here too!" she said to the guys.

          "Uh-huh." Train raised a brow.

          "Too much?" Scarlett whispered.

          "Yep." I whispered back. "So um, aren't we supposed to be heading for our assembly by now?"

          "Oh biscuits, we're late." Mitch muttered in panic and began pushing Train. "C'mon man we gotta get moving. I heard that Mr Crane isn't very nice when students are late."

          I fumbled with my keyboard and dashed down the hallway like a maniac, being the last among the four of us. In my defence, I was carrying a large item and they're empty handed.

          We ran into the hall filled with seated people and even from far we could spot Mr Crane frowning at us from the stage.

          "Very nice of the four of you to join us." He said. "Why don't you take a seat?"

        Something tells me that this is going to be pretty interesting.