A Simple Melody ♬ Chapter Fifteen - Just say Yes

Hey guys! :D

I just wanna say thanks for reading Heart-Beat, that's about it xD

Today I am dedicating this chapter to my dad (yes he has a wattpad account, incase if you don't know, ysk1188 is my dad in disguise...well, sort of) for reading and commenting AND voting, and for agreeing to create an account on wattpad just to support me here :D Thank you Daddy, lots of love <3

Hope you guys like it!

Thanks again MissAkira246, your wonderful banner of simplicity! >>>

imperfectdreamer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter Fifteen

-Destiny's P.O.V-

I sighed wearily as I rinsed the cups under running water. Apparently one of our night worker isn't well enough to show up for work, and me being the lucky one, I have to fill up for her.

           I stared at the clock that hung decoratively on the wall. Nine o'clock at night. Only one more hour left and I can officially go home and get this day over with.

           It surprises me that even at this time we have people walking in for dinner, but much to my relief we only have less than ten customers sitting inside the restaurant now, which means less cleaning for me.

           Feeling groggy, I positioned myself in such a way that no one can spot me yawning and closing my eyes every few seconds. It's definitely not my plan to work overtime. The bad news is I even have to walk home tonight because dad got a flat tyre. Why do all the bad things happen at the same time?

           Just when I was about to crash onto my feet sleeping, a slight jerk on my shoulder woke me up just in the nick of time.

           "What?" I droned and snapped my eyelids apart, praying that it wasn't Meg who busted me.

           "Des, what are you still doing here at night?"

           "Train, you're an evening customer." I replied, subconsciously ignoring his question. "Tea?"

           "Caffeine doesn't work well with me at night." He smiled crookedly. "Why are you working over time?"

           "Because we're short of one worker." I yawned. Usually I'd feel really surprised and start to overreact but it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon tonight. "I'm not trying to be rude, but what are you doing here?"

           "Um..." he trailed off. "I wasn't planning to come here but I just decided to pop by anyway."

           "Without ordering anything? That's new." I gave a small smile.

           "Just don't tell Meg." He shrugged.

           There was a short silence, and I swear that I could've dozed off right on the spot.

           "Actually there's something that I thought we could talk about." Train said suddenly.

           "Is it about our composition? Miss Vanity postponed it to next Monday remember? But I'm pretty sure that we'll do fine anyway." I blurted.

           "It's about the band." He said. "We need a new vocalist."

           "What happened to Gigi?" I goggled, suddenly awake. I don't know what's more surprising, the fact that Gigi left or Train is standing here asking me about the band. Could it be that he wants me to replace her?