Chapter 37: promises

*unedited*

Valka

The whole village cheered for Hiccup, proud that he was their chief, as proud as I was that he was my son.

He had told me everything about Astrid, although the rest of the village are still yet to know about everything.

I patted Hiccups shoulder gently, looking into his emerald green eyes, a mix of mine and his father's. I sigh happily, remembering Stoick, before everything happened. I hold back the tears as I say,

"that's the son of a great chief," he smiles at me as I continue, thinking of how Stoick would feel at this very moment, "he would be so proud,"

"I know," he said knodding his head. We look back over to the proud villagers, chanting Hiccups name over and over. As I turn back to Hiccup my proud smile turns into a worried frown. 

"what's wrong son?" I say he just shakes his head, looking out to the docks, filled to the brim with Beserker ships.

"nothing,"

"Hiccup," I turn him around to face me, "you have the exact same look, like when your father was hiding something, he could never keep a secret from me, spit it out," he sighs heavily.

"I just..." he sighs again, "I just hope that Astrid's alright..." he says shifting his gaze towards Gothi's hut.

"Hiccup she's fine, Stormfly's protecting her, I saw her just moments ago,"

"I know, it's just..."

"what?"

"I have a bad feeling..."

"don't worry son, everything will be fine," I reassure him.

"yeah you're right, it's probably just nerves..." he reassures himself. I nod. I then look around as we hear the sound of the horn screeching, once, twice, three times to signal the war has begun again.

Hiccup looks at me for guidance as I pat his back nodding,

"I believe in you son," I say. He nods back at me.

"promise me one thing, please..." he says mounting Toothless once again.

"anything," I hold his arm tightly, signaling that it will be kept.

"promise me that nothing will happen to Astrid,"

"Hiccup-"

"promise me!" he begs as the sound of the raging Beserkers gets closer.

"I swear that no matter what happens, Astrid will be under my care and command, you have my word, now go," he nods lifting off into the now pinkish sky, I feel air brush passed me as the other riders follow on, closely behind him.

"I promise..."

HEY GUYS! I'M SORRY IF THIS WASN'T GOOD ENOUGH! I REALLY AM, PLEASE FORGIVE ME! AND THAT IT WAS SO SHORT! I'M TRYING TO MAKE IT TO 40 CHAPTERS!
ANYWAYS WAS IT GOOD?
BAD?
PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!