Chapter 19: The truth

*unedited*

Hiccup

I stare at Astrid blankly. I trace her eyes carefully, expecting there to be some sort of explanation hidden in her beautiful sea blue eyes, somewhere anywhere. For it to be some sort of trick, a lie.

She just looks at me frozen to the spot. She was as shocked as I was, but I still won't be diverted from the truth. I love Astrid, and even if this is true, I trust her, and if her fate is to be with him, then so be it. But I can't say that it won't break my heart, that it won't cause me to crumble into a thousand pieces, lose all sense of direction.

I look into her eyes wearily, she doesn't even blink, I can see the fear in her eyes, that I thought I would never see as she tilts her head down towards the ground, breaking eye contact.

I watch as he edges closer to her, she seems to shiver slightly as goosebumps become present on her skin. She was scared and it didn't look like she was going to stop it from happening. She afraid of what would happen if she did.

It angered me seeing her like this, so afraid, so helpless, so vulnerable. I huffed loudly as my blood boiled and my heart beat pulsated. I watched as he leant in to kiss her. I couldn't let him do it. I jumped forward just in the nick of time to save her from, well, 'this'.

I hear Astrid sigh, I think with relief. I give a small grin noticing that she's happy that I stopped that. But why couldn't she stop it her self? In shock maybe.

The 'guy' (a/n Hiccup can't really remember his name...) looked at me kind of shocked at first but that changed pretty fast into an evil glare. I quiver slightly, but I won't back down.

"you," he snarls at me, his muscles clench and his hands begin to ball into tight fists.

"you," I reply to him, trying to sound as fearsome as he is, but I don't really feel it.

Astrid tries to pull us apart, but I won't back down, not now. Especially when I have the chance to prove to her, to prove how much I really love her.

Claud edges closer to me, I begin to sweat slightly as copy his movements, balling my small hands into fists ready to fight him off.

"who are you?" Claud snarls at me, he grips my shirt tightly, I feel his hot stinky breath brush against my face. Sweat trickles down my forehead.

"I'm Hiccup," I gulp slightly, trying not to show it, I can do this. "the chief of Berk, son of our once great chief Stoick the Vast, and Astrids fiancé," I growl at him, trying to sound as intimidating as my father once was, if there truly was a bit of him left in me. Claud seems a bit taken aback at first, I guess he just wasn't expecting 'this' to be chief. But his facial expressions quickly change into a scowl.

"but I'm Astrids fiancé," he snarls at me. Spitting slightly on my face due to him being so close. I puff out my chest as much as I can and say,

"not anymore buddy!" I smirk. I watch as the huge brute of a man raises his right hand back above his head tightening his fists, I scrunch my eyes tight shut bracing for the impact of his fist to my face. I'm a little surprised but thankful as Astrid screams,

"STOP!"  We both look at her I smile slightly but I'm still a bit in shock at the moment. Due to that he loosens his fist slightly as I'm able to slither out of his grip, I begin to brush myself off. "just stop, I am Astrid Hofferson, I am able to protect myself, will you just stop fighting over me?! If this is going to continue then I don't want to marry either of you!" Astrid says. I'm a little hurt by what she had ssid but take it as if it was a mistake.

"but Astrid-" I begin. But am cut off with the sudden outburst of Astrid vomiting.

"bleurgh, what's that smell is that you?!" Tuff says pushing his sister. I shake my head at him annoyed as I go to comfort Astrid, rubbing her back. But the other guy comes up also stroking her back softly. I punch him in the face, warning him to back off. I hear a slight crack, but I don't care, my focus is on Astrid.

"Astrid, we need to get you to Gothi..." I speak calmly to her, knowing that she'll refuse as normal.

"no, please just leave me alone!" she says trying to compose herself but is forced back down again as he begind to puke continuously once again.

"no Astrid, you are sick somethings wrong," I say sternly

"no it's all the stress that you two idiots are giving me!" she says puking once again.

"fiancé's," Fishlegs corrects her. I glare at him and snap,

"not now Fishlegs!"

"you broke my nose, you're going to pay now you-" The brute begins again getting up off of the ground.

"Will you just shut it!" Astrid screams at us as she walks out of my grip and jumps onto Stormfly.

"no Astrid, you can't leave like this, you're not well, please," I plead her, knowing things will only worsen if she isn't seen to soon.

"I'm sorry Hiccup," she says before flying off in the direction of the forest. Why does she always do that?!

HEY GUYS! HERE IS A CHAPTER! I THOUGHT THAT I MIGHT AS WELL PUBLISH THIS, THIS MORNING BEFORE SCHOOL. I WROTE THIS LAST NIGHT BUT WAS FORVED TO SLEEP SO SORRY GUYS!
ANYWAYS WAS IT GOOD?
BAD?
PLEASE COMMENT, VOTE AND FOLLOW!