Chapter 28

I lay limp on the ground, attempting to be as lifeless as possible as Hans studies me. "Good job, Elsa." I can hear the grin in his voice.

"Thank you," she says and my heart beats quicker when her voice words falter. If he discovers that she remembers..

"What was his death like? I wish I could've experienced it myself but I'm afraid your power would've struck me accidentally." Or purposefully.

"Slow and painful." She speaks quickly and he chuckles.

I don't dare to peak my eyes open at what happens next. Did he just kiss her? I feel rage burn through me but force myself to stay lifeless.

Come on, Elsa, I think to myself. Hurry this up.

My heart sinks when I hear him speak again. "Why are you hesitating?" he says.

"I'm not," she stutters and I open my eyes slightly to see her face twisted in fear. We're done for.

"You remember don't you?" Hans hisses.

"Remember what?" she tries but fails. Before he can say more she pulls out the dagger but hesitates. She freezes. In one swift move I bolt upright and without realizing it, I drive a shard of ice right through him, killing him instantly.

(Super short, I know! But I've decided to make this story into 2 books but instead of one so this is

END OF BOOK ONE!

Go read book 2, 'Light' right now! x

~I)