Chapter 25 part 1

Jack

I stand in front of Hans and Elsa in their makeshift 'throne room', feeling dread as Elsa stares right through me as if I'm a worthless peasant.

Memories of our first meet play through my mind. I see her sitting next to me, trying not to laugh as I joked with her. Her innocence shielded any true feelings she possessed until I swept her away to the beach- that's where I realized I was falling for her. Then I kissed her for the first time...

I miss kissing her so much. The amount of stress it relieves is unbelievable and when I'm forced to live without her love I feel as though there's no point. I need her.

I need her.

I feel crushed.

I feel empty.

"Why have you come?" Hans questions.

"Why the heck do you think?" I twist my words snappily.

"I don't know," he's so stupid, trying to play dumb in front of the new Elsa.

"For her." I say plainly. Shock is evident on her soft features and I'm not sure why. My heart sinks when I realize that Hans must've made up lies about me to her in order to create a hatred.

"Why? You betrayed her."

"What?" I question as if he's stupid. "I did nothing of the sort." I defend. "Last I checked, Elsa and I love each other and you're the jealous third wheel." I insult him openly. I can see her trying to process this and decipher the truth from the lies but I doubt she's siding with me.

"You're insane if you think your lies will persuade us." Hans states flatly and an almost believing Elsa glances at him before hardening her expression.

"What?" I cough. "It's not lies. Elsa, you have to believe me." I plead with her but she shows no sign of belief.

"Hans! More campers, Elsa's presence has been requested to help execute." A guard announces through the door and I see her stand immediately and brush past me, tugging my broken heart along with her.

She's executing them?

No.

"You can't do this to her, Hans!" I struggle to go at him but my binding chains make it hard. "It'll crush her," my voice breaks.