Chapter 9

Jack

"We can't go on this quest with you ignoring me, you know." I called to Elsa and she glances at me over her shoulder. When she doesn't stop I shoot in front of her. "I honestly can't believe that you actually listened to Hans and that one guy. They're both Calors, okay? Flynn overheard them plotting against us, saying that they would find a way to keep us from going on the quest so they could. I loved you and I still do. I'm afraid I always will, but if you tell me one more time to leave you alone then.. after this quest I won't talk to you ever again." I can't believe I just said that.

She looks at me for a few seconds before turning and continuing. "We're friends for now. We'll see what else happens." she states.

We continue on in silence for a long while, but that's when a strange wave of heat floods the area. Elsa slows down, looking over her shoulder to ask if I felt it too. "Yeah," we scan the trees for a few seconds before licks of flames slice through the air in Elsa's direction. It's as if time slows down as I flip in front of her, taking the searing pain all over my chest.

"Jack!" Elsa's voice comes out as a screech. I collapse to the ground and cry out, heaving for air. She drops on her knees next to me and hovers her hands over my chest before getting a small lash on the back. She yelped and turned around, blasting ice at a lurking Calor. I would say Told You Calors Were Coming if I didn't feel like my skin was boiling off of my body. She successfully knocks him back and he coughs painfully before scrambling up and away. What the heck? I don't recognize him... and there aren't others with him which is what confuses me most. When Elsa is sure he's gone she turns to me and winces at my burn. She props me up against a nearby rock and speaks slowly.

"Take your shirt off." she said somewhat bashfully. I chuckle.

"If you wanted me to strip you could've just asked." I tease before a grimace takes over my face. She tries not to giggle but I can see it through the way she covers her mouth and her cheeks tint red. "It's worse than I thought." she remarks softly through her teeth when she's recovered from my remark.

"I know." I state before inhaling sharply as her hand grazes the wound. She apologizes quickly and looks as though she has something on her mind. "What?" I ask when she gazes at me.

"Huh?" She tilts her head.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"I'm just thinking.. why did you jump in front of me?" she asks.

"You're kidding, right?" I manage a chuckle. "You think I would just stand there and watch the girl I love get fried by a Calor?" Her face changes and she almost looks like the Elsa I used to know.

"Whatever, let me try and help." she leans closer to me and hovers her hands over it, gently cooling my now exposed chest. It feels amazing but extremely painful at the same time. Practically healed, somehow. After a short moment of that, she runs her fingers down to my abdominals and pauses. I feel almost jittery from her. Her eyes lock with mine and a flawless smile forms before she moves in to about 3 centimeters from my face, her legs over mine and my arm around her waist. "I'm sorry for not believing you." she whispers.

"It's okay. But you'll have to make it up to me." I reply with a grin.

"How?" she blushes.

"Just.. Show me what you got, Elsa." also what I said the first time we met.

She raises an eyebrow and the right side of her mouth curves upward in an attractive smirk before pulling me into her. She crashes her lips to mine and I can feel her heart pound. The pain is excruciating but I don't say anything. I just continue to kiss her and she does the same, her cold hands sending chills all up my arms. Boy, how I've missed this feeling.