Chapter 11

We're almost there.

Almost to the cliff in which Pitch Black is hiding out, awaiting our arrival. Elsa and I glide across the icy rock with ease. I look over at her to see the familiar blue eyes focus on the ground and the soft lips flattened into a thin line. She opens her mouth to speak but that's when we hear a shout.

"Hey, Frigus!" I mentally dissect the voice without turning around to see who it is. Boy, probably. Angry and possibly hostile, however quite a distance away.

Elsa gives in and turns around, her face falling. "Jack," she mutters and I follow her gaze to see a group of Calor. They all stand in their arrogant and steady positions, as if ready to duel anyone at any time.

"Elsa," I start quietly. "when I count to three, you run. Okay?"

"No, I want to fight with you." she stubbornly replies and I place both hands on her shoulders.

"You have to run. I'll be close behind you, I promise." I say demandingly and she thinks for a moment before nodding. I count quickly and once I reach three she bolts towards the cliff, our destination. I stand firmly and throw up a huge ice wall to block the incoming flames. Without checking to ensure that they're stopped, I run after her. She looks over at me when I catch up to her and smiles a little but it's quickly replaced with terror when we reach the edge of the cliff.

You will find him in the deepest of places
in which only few can make it
this is the race of races.

The lines from the prophecy reel through my head. Only few can make it: Elsa and I. It's probably much too cold for Calor, plus I'm the only one that can fly. As for the race of races; I guess Calor can be considered a different race.

As more and more pieces to this sick and twisted puzzle fall into place, I feel more and more dead already.

I latch my arm around Elsa's waist and jump off of the edge. She squeals and holds onto incredibly me tight, burying her face in my neck. If she keeps doing this I'm going to lose focus. That's the problem with being in love with my quest companion. I'm going to do everything to just keep her safe and that's it.

We reach the bottom of the completely black abyss and Elsa's quick breathing echoes throughout the walls. I turn slowly and find a small light a short didn't and away. As we cautiously approach, a large mansion like building looms over us. Black dust spirals down the columns, signifying this place as Pitch Black's.

"Jack," Elsa starts but a dark figure makes her fall silent. The golden eyes blink momentarily before widening into an intimidating look.

"Young Frigus," the voice, sharp like knives and loud like thunder, speaks slowly.

"Pitch." I growl.

"No need to be hostile. I just need you for a short while, then you can go on with your camp life." he says calmly.

"Why?" I really wish Elsa wouldn't speak. It puts her in the spot light and I hate it.

"Little princess," he grins. "I need just a drop of your power. That's all. Actually, I only need one of you."

"Why would we help you?" I say.

"Because," he snaps after thinking for a few seconds and Elsa is absent from my arm and in his hand. "love makes people do crazy things."

"Don't you dare hurt her." I hiss and he raises an eyebrow.

"Are you willing to share some ice for her?" he grins and Elsa shakes her head.

"Jack.. don't," she chokes.

"Shut up," Pitch slaps her and I stumble. "you've got 3 seconds."

Three... two...