6

Levy's POV

"So, you mean to tell me you only realized you liked Gray a few days ago." 

Lucy nodded."When he asked me to go on a job with him."

I sighed."You're so unmindful, Lu-chan."

She looked away."I know." Her eyes wandered towards the raven haired mage, she furrowed her eyebrows. "What do you think I should do, Levy?" Her voice, previously bright and chipper, had turned into a sort of whisper, layered with sadness.

I sighed."You've already decided that. Secrecy is you wanted, so you're going to have to follow your own rules." 

"I just didn't think it would be this hard. It's only been a few hours, but I feel  . . . . suffocated. I didn't expect to feel like this." Lucy stood up, her eyes glimmering with determination."I need to clear my head. Want to go on a job with me?"

I grin."Always."

Natsu's POV

Everything is different. 

Everything is wrong. This doesn't feel right.

Usually, when I get back from a mission, Lucy always chats with me and Happy. Wendy, too. Sometimes, Erza.

But, she's not here right now. She's over at the request board with Levy. 

This isn't what typically happens.

Why? Is it because she didn't come on the job from before with us? Where was she, anyway?

A sudden movement in the corner of my eye catches my attention. Gray's trying to pry Juvia off of his arm, her grip unrelenting.

Oh yeah. Lucy was with Gray. For a few days, I think.

And that must be why everything is wrong. I can feel it in my gut, I know I'm right.

Lucy almost never goes on jobs with only one other person, she fights alongside the rest of Team Natsu. Always.

So why did she go on a job with Gray? Alone.

Juvia comes back into my vision. She's talking now."Gray-sama, can't you see that I love you?"

A sudden churning in my stomach.

Lucy isn't in love with Gray, is she?

Juvia's POV

Gray-sama pulled me off of him, then kept me at arms-length. "Look, Juvia," He started, "Can you please just stop doing this? I don't reciprocate your feelings, okay? If anything, I have feelings for someone else." 

Crack. A small fissure appeared in my heart. "Gray-sama?"

He continued, looking away from me as if he was ashamed."I don't want you getting in between our relationship, so just stop already."

The hole widened and tears began flowing freely from my eyes. "G-Gray-sama."

Gray looked at me, discomfort apparent on his face. "I'm sorry, Juvia." He walked away from me, towards the doors and the reality of my situation finally hit me. 

My knees gave way and I fell onto the ground, wailing. Figures immediately came to my aid, lifting me up and holding me close to them. I recognized the one closest to me as Lisanna-san, she lightly pushed my head close to her shoulder. I felt her lips close to my ear as she murmured, "It's okay, Juvia. It's all okay." Uncontrollable sobs wracked my body and I clung to the white-haired girl. "Lisanna-san . . ."

I slowly leaned my head back until I could see her face, it was blurry through the tears. Her eyebrows were slightly furrowed and concern was clearly written on her face. She smiled sadly. "Would you like me to take you to Fairy Hills? I can stay with you there." She offered.

I nodded, an imperceptible shake of my head. Her eyes regained some of her usual joy and she clasped her hand with mine before pulling me away from the crowd and toward the doors.

My heart painfully throbbed. "Thank you, Lisanna-san." 

"It's alright, I'm always here for you, Juvia. Remember that." I leaned on her, as she led me to safety, comfort and solace.

Natsu's POV

I leaped out of my seat as Lisanna walked away from the guild with Juvia and headed over to Mirajane, who had helped Juvia get up along with a few others. She had witnessed the scene with sorrowful eyes and even now, she was brimming with sympathy. "Mira, what just happened?'

She looked at me and sniffled."Gray just rejected Juvia." Mira shook her head."I feel sorry for her."

"Why would Gray do that?" I wondered aloud."I thought he liked her."

Maybe he likes someone else.

Maybe he likes Lucy.