4

Gray's P.O.V

These few days I've been with Lucy have been the absolute best. We had fun together at a festival, kissed while we were sleeping and now we're dating. I'm so happy I think I might explode.

Right now, we're sleeping on the train. Lucy's sleeping in my bed, pressed up against my chest and I'm pulling her closer to me. I wish this moment would last forever.

But sadly, the amazing experience was over after a few hours and we had to leave the train. We started to walk to the guild, when Lucy suddenly tripped.

"Lucy!" I shouted, dropping our bags and picking up my girlfriend princess style."Are you okay?" I asked, my face close to hers. She blushed."I'm fine, I just tripped over a rock. C-Can you put me down now, everybody is staring at us."

I look around to see that Lucy wasn't lying, every single pair of eyes was glued to us. I blushed a deep red and let go of her. She smiled at me and said,"Let's go to the guild, everyone is probably worried about us since we didn't tell anyone we left."

I agreed and we continued on our way. I glanced at Lucy every once in a while and noticed her doing the same to me. Whenever our eyes caught each other, both of us would look away and blush heavily. After this had happened for the fifth time, I gulped and grabbed the blonde's right hand with my left hand. She flinched and I immediately let go and stopped walking. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have tried to rush things, I should have-"

I was interrupted by Lucy hugging my chest."What are you doing?"

"I'm apologizing."

I was confused."For what?"

"Everything. . . . I guess I'm really just apologizing for acting so weird when you tried to hold my hand." The celestial mage had tears in her eyes, which made my eyes widen.

"It's fine-"

"No it's not!" She was shouting now."I was just surprised. That was all."

My heart sank. Before I could say anything, she continued talking."But that doesn't mean I don't want to hold hands with you, Gray."

She slipped my hand into hers and smiled at me.

Lucy's P.O.V

I slipped my hand into Gray's hand and smiled at him. In less than a second, our lips were connected. He pulled away."I want to hold hands with you too, Lucy." He smiled.

We went back to walking and reached the guild. Before we entered it, Gray let go of my hand. I looked at him for an answer as to why he stopped holding my hand."I don't think we should tell everyone that we started dating. It would probably just make everything awkward and uncomfortable."

I thought about it."Yeah, I think that makes sense. But in private, we'll act normal. Okay?"

"Okay?" With those words, he pushed open the doors that separated us from our guildmates. The first thing we heard was "Love rival, get away from Gray-sama!"