Resemblance

Weeks later Keith was sleeping at his own place again as krolia began to live with him, in the guest bedroom as they shared breakfast and were civil, krolia listened to the stories keith explained of him being a troubled teen but to Keith it was him having fun with friends. Lance invited them both over once, Maria was pleased to finally meet the woman who gave birth to Keith.

Krolia never felt so intimidated by a small woman's smile as she shook her hand and Maria looked up at her smiling, as she whispered to her. "I do know where you live, treat my boy right-" and the rest was in Spanish. Krolia felt cold sweat ran down her neck as she smiled nodding.

"Hey krolia," lance waved as he was laying across Keith's lap like a cat as keith was using him as a table for his laptop while doing homework.

"Lance," she nodded and quirked a brow at the twos position. Boys were odd sometimes...

"So my abuela is coming in town tonight for thanksgiving, you two wanna come over Thursday? Mama is making mash potatoes and green beans," lance looked up smiling as keith didn't take his eyes off the screen.

"As long there's more than that," Keith said flatly.

"Nope that's it, obviously," lance rolled his eyes.

"Isn't your grandmother super homophobic?" Keith glances at him.

"She is?" Krolia asked looking at them from the dinning room table as she was doing work. She offered to help split Keith's rent and bills as he offered to let her live there.

"Ehh I don't wanna say super homophobic but it's more she's not use to it, she beat Luis with a wooden spoon when she found out he was going out clubbing, doing drugs and hooking up with both gender, his rebellion stage as a fucked up 20 year old," lance shrugged.

"But since we've been together for a while and it's not just for fun anymore," lance smiled back at him but Keith smacked the back of his head sending him a glare.

"Anymore?" Keith narrowed his eyes as lance cackled.

"Your still fun babe," lance sent him a kiss.

"Mother still in the room," krolia raised her hand from the table not looking up.

"Anyways, we have a serious relationship, I think she'll be accepting of it, otherwise my mom will cuss her out for any comments, English or spanish," lance waved the two off and Keith shrugged.

"Sure," he agreed. "You wanna come?" Keith looked at krolia.

"I don't celebrate thanksgiving," she told him flatly.

"We mostly do it for the family part, not the pilgrims and shit," lance explained.

"Sorry boys I haven't requested work off, I couldn't anyways," krolia smiled at them a little and the boys nodded.

"That's okay," lance nodded.

"Maybe next time," she offered and lance gave her a thumbs up smiling.

"So where's your dad been? Haven't seen him harassing the fridge lately," Keith quirked a brow at his boyfriend.

"He gets in at like 10 at night, got a job as a custodian at a high school, texted a buddy there to let him know what's up," lance smirked playing angry birds on his phone.

"John as a janitor, love it," Keith smirked over at him.

Lance got a text from his mother and whined laying his head down.

"I gotta head home red," lance groaned.

"Dammit your like the perfect blanket," Keith whined lifting his laptop as lance got up.

"Good to know I'm good for something," Lance smirked.

"Come over tomorrow, id love it if you and my grandma met before a whole family dinner," lance pulled him up as keith squawked a little bumping into lances chest.

"I'll just got home with you then," Keith said flatly.

"Thank you gorgeous," lance peaked his lips and Keith rolled his eyes. Suddenly he gasped when lance spun him out and pulled him back laughing when Keith tripped back into him.

"No dancing," Keith glared up.

"But I just wanna slow dance with you," lance smirked and Keith held a straight face but finally let out a chuckle at him.

Lance took a step back as keith followed and lance spun him again humming the tune as krolia smiled and watched the boys. She was proud that she could be here to witness this with her son, his future.

"Don't be cheesy," Keith whispered looking up at him as he forgot his mother was watching.

"I love you," lance smiled looking down at him and kissed keith softly.

"Be free Friday night too, I'm taking you out on a date gorgeous," he whispered in Keith's ear and kissed the side of his head.

"Wait why?" Keith snorted shaking his head.

"I wanna celebrate us being together for two months," Lance smirked. Keith's eyes widen.

"Oh shit it's been two months," Keith covered his mouth.

"Wait wait since when? Fake or real boyfriends?" Keith asked flatly.

"I'm counting first kiss in general, on the bleachers, while turning down your ex," lance winked and Keith groaned.

"Oh my god not that," Keith groaned embarrassed.

"To bad, i am," lance kissed him again and sped out of the apartment laughing before keith could smack him again playfully.

Keith sighed crossing his arms and notice his mother smiling and hiding a chuckle at them.

"What?" He quirked his thick brow at her

"Nothing," krolia smiled to herself. Remembering how similar she and her only love once were. A true love with your best friend, she was glad to see that in her boy and his man. It's all she could hope for.