Make up your mind

"Hey Keith!" Pidge waved him down at school and ran over to him smirking.

"Heard you visited the McClain house," she bumped him teasingly as Keith looked at her unamused.

"Yea? Is that a big deal?" Keith asked nervously as he saw Shiro down the halls.

"Depends, how'd the family react?" Pidge pointed at him suspiciously.

"They're really nice, lances sister was cool I guess," Keith shrugged pursing his lips.

"Veronica was there?" Lotor walked past them raising an eye brow.

"N-no it was Rachel but-" "Rachel's back?!" He heard Allura gasp walking over but she glared at Lotor. He rolled his eyes at her.

"Yes. Rachel is back," Keith crossed his arms and Lotor pursed his lips and grabbed Keiths arm dragging him away as Allura put a hand on her chin thinking while Pidge scoffed walking away annoyed.

"Hey hey let go!" Keith punched his arm harshly as Lotor let him go in the bathroom.

"What game are you playing kogane?" Lotor hissed.

"What do you mean?!" Keith cried out.

"Do you not get the importance of you meeting the family? Do you know what's going on in that house?" Lotor snarled in his face and Keith glared up at him.

"Cause lances old man is coming back, so what? Why is that a big deal and whole Rachel coming back?" Keith shoved him away as he needed space. He didn't know what was the right thing to say right now so he played it off.

"Because John is coming back," he spat and Keith didn't get it.

"Lance never told you why he went to jail..." Lotor frowned and shook his head with a groan.

"No why?" Keith crossed his arms.

"It's not my place to say, just lay off of Lance this weekend, and the week," Lotor grabbed his phone and started to text someone.

"Your not his boyfriend! Fuck off Lotor," Keith yelled at him harshly but the taller teen glared at him darkly.

"Doesn't mean I don't give a bloody damn about my friends health, I'm just giving you fair warning for not to step in that house," Lotor snarked and Keith rolled his eyes. Lance wasn't in actual trouble right?

"They've invited me for dinner on Friday," Keith said simply. Lotor froze.

"That mans going to skin you alive," Lotor breathed shaking his head.

"Hey what's the problem.... Oh fuck," Lance walked in and saw both of them.

"Hey babe?" Lance smiled nervously seeing Lotor sending him a glare.

"Your having him come over for dinner on Friday? Lance your father dragged me down the stairs for doing homework together when Allura was gone, we where nine lance," Lotor said sternly and Lance pursed his lips.

"That was a long time ago and if he tries anything I know Keith can kick his ass but he goes back to jail for breaking probation," Lance explained and Keith felt his blood boil now.

"Your saying your dads going to fucking attack me?" Keith cried out.

"No! Eight years I'm sure he knows how to act better when guest are there," Lance fumbled with his hands and Keith rubbed his face.

"This isn't what I signed up for!" Keith yelled but covered his mouth looking at Lotor who kept his eyes on Lance.

"I get you want revenge but-" "he knows?" Keith cut Lotor off.

"I told him when he came over, i-I needed some help with something," Lance waved him off but Keith clenched his fists.

"Lance!"

"Give me a fucking break! If you want the deal off then do it, I am not forcing you to do anything!" Lance yelled back as he leaned against the wall frustratedly.

"This is getting dangerous Lance, it's only two days and I know you completed therapy but your risking a lot when your poking the bear," Lotor crossed his arms.

"Fine then the deals off, it was stupid, I'm sorry I got you involved Keith, now get off my ass Lotor!" Lance snapped closing his eyes and slid down the wall with a sigh.

Lotor looked at keith and nodded letting him know he should be the one that should talk to Lance. So Lotor left the two alone.

Keith pursed his lips as Lance sat on the ground with a blank expression.

"You never... Never did tell me why your dad went to jail," Keith joined him on the ground.

"Driving while intoxicated," Lance said a little to quickly.

"Is that true?" He asked frowning a little.

"True enough, makes things easier," Lance shrugged not looking at him.

"If I'm meeting him tomorrow then I should know what not to say to trigger him beating me up," Keith smiled shyly at him but Lance shook his head.

"No... Keith... I'm not telling you yet, despite whatever the fuck we are, it was fake dating and when we fake break up in however long, I don't want you using it against me," Lance said softly.

"I never told Allura, she doesn't know the whole story either," he blinked with no emotion in his eyes.

"And Lotor?" Keith asked.

"First person I told, I confessed it to hunk and Pidge found out her own ways, only three people outside of family know," he whispered.

"Why Lotor though? I thought you two weren't friends for a while," Keith looked at him concerned.

"It was the summer before middle school, he was the first friend that visited me in the hospital," Lance pursed his lips and Keith looked at him now even more worried.

"Lance what did your dad do?" Keith covered his mouth.

"Nothing, I'm sorry, I won't bother you again," Lance wiped a tear on the side of his face that Keith couldn't see but got up anyways.

"No Lance- I..." Keith grabbed his wrist. "I want to help you with this, it's important to you for some reason but it's working both ways right? Because your helping me without realizing it, so let me really, really actually help you,"

"Are you making up your mind?" Lance asked and Keith smirked.

"Let's give your dad some homo hell," Keith said smugly and Lance smiled back and laughed a little at him nodding and pulled him in a quick embrace.