For us

"¿Quién diablos es ese demonio pastoso?" Abuela stormed over to her grandchildren as she didn't even glance at her own son.

"Abuela this is keith that we told you about in the car," Veronica ran over and smiled at her, placing her hands on their grandmothers shoulders.

"I thought he'd be taller and not beating my son in front of his own children! This boy is the one you tell me is part of our familia? Don't make me laugh amor," Abuela scoffed glaring at keith.

"Mama please listen to my children, Keith is a sweet boy," maria walked over.

"I see nothing sweet in what he is," she hissed and Keith looked down but lance slipped his hand into Keith's.

"Abuela please, I think we've just gotten off to a rough start, Marco and Jesse brought over the little ones, and daya," lance pursed his lips offering a smile but his hand was strongly holding Keith's.

"I think I should go home,"

The McClain children looked at him concerned as keith seemed tired of it at this point.

"Keith you don't have to-" "no I think my mom wants me home for dinner tonight, sorry about the commotion," Keith barely whispered as he let go of lances hand.

"Let me drive you home," lance gulped. Keith looked at him and nodded slightly as they walked to Lances car together.

"Get up boy, your embarrassing yourself," Abuela snapped at John who was sitting up on the ground.

"What? That brat attacked me!" John snapped back.

"That boy is smaller than you and is sober, you are embarrassing this family with your presence, do not ruin this family time I have," she spat.

——

The ride was quiet as lance drove keith home and the paler boy leaned against the door woth his arms crossed and watch the rain begin to pour. Lance glanced at his boyfriend every few minutes and begin to take a different route without him knowing.

Keith didn't notice the difference until he saw more and more trees around them until he saw a baseball field up ahead that was abandoned. He took lance here before...

"Lance what are we doing?" Keith asked.

"I'm not leaving you like this," lance offered a smile.

"Like what?" He scoffed.

"Upset, hurt, let's talk," lance drove up and parked on the side of the field as he turned off the car.

"I don't want to," Keith rolled his eyes.

They were silent for a moment as keith didn't look at lance.

"Thank you," lance whispered and Keith closed his eyes.

"I didn't do anything.." Keith said confused.

"Yea you did everything," lance laughed. "You stood up for my mother, you backed down to my grandmother, you've been there for me and I can even thank you enough, your my best friend keith... and I love you so much for you being you,"

"Lance I don't know if we should keep doing this," Keith closed his eyes again.

"What do you mean?" The Cuban froze.

"There's always going to be someone in your family that disapproves us, that disagrees with us, and I can't stand you loosing your family to that," Keith said sharply as lances eyes widen slightly in horror.

"I don't care about that, we've only gone up against a drunken dick and an old woman, I don't care what my dad thinks," lance told him softly and Keith shook his head.

"And your dads hurt you because of it! He harasses you for it! I'm tired of us fighting for it when it shouldn't have to be this hard," Keith slowly raised his voice.

"Keith you don't mean that you want to break up... do you?" Lance gulped looking at him.

Keith felt his eyes burn. "I don't know, I love you too, I love you so much, but I'm tired of fighting,"

"Please dont," lance practically begged and Keith felt like everything in him burned. He got out of the car instead, no caring about the rain outside.

"Keith Get back in the car!" Lance called.

"I need air! I'm walking home!" Keith called back. Lance growled and got out of the car as he felt the rain soak his hair and clothes as he ran to Keith.

He immediately grabbed him from behind and held Keith close to his chest with his face buried in his hair from behind as keith felt tears run down his face.

"Please don't give up on me, on us yet," lance whispered against his ear and Keith shook against him turning around.

"I will always fight for you keith, I love you so much, I'll fight for you and me even if you don't," lance held the side of his face as keith looked up at him.

"But your family..." he breathed.

"They love you too, they accept you and me," lance smiled nervously.

"Just don't let that be the thing that splits us," he whispered putting their foreheads together as keith closed his eyes leaning into lance like he was able to stop the rain itself.

"Okay, I'm sorry," Keith whispered back and lance pressed his lips to Keith's desperately as keith pulled him close wrapping his arms around Lances neck.

They stood in the ran as the parted from the kiss and held in each other's arms tightly, absorbing each other's body heat in the cold rain, Keith leaned his head against lances chest as lance buried his face in Keith's shoulder.

"Slow dance with you..." lance whispered softly.

"I just wanna slow dance with you," he smiled letting go of Keith making the fellow teen smile a little.

"I know all the other boys are tough and smooth," he smiled offering his hand to Keith as the pale teen blush with his hair blocking some of his vision. 

"And I've got the blues, I wanna slow dance with you," lance sang as keith finally took his hand and placed his hand on lances shoulder with the others tan hand landed on his waist, but their free hands fingers tangled together.

"I wanna slow dance with you, I-i just wanna slow dance with you," they stepped back and stepped forward as lance lead Keith around and spun around in the rain together, body against body, eyes locked with the ocean and the indigo sky of a galaxy.

"Why don't you take the chance, I've got the mo-oves," lance spun Keith out and pulled him close again making Keith laugh as he wrapped his arms around lances shoulder smiling up at him.

"I'd like to prove I wanna slow dance with you," lance smiled kissing Keith's forehead gently as the shorter boy smiled holding him close.

"Let's go home," Keith whispered.

"I'll drop you off at your house," lance nodded.

"No, I want to go to your home," Keith looked up at him gently.